Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Members Rides (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Progress on my buddy's G2 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=44545)

riks66 02-20-2011 11:22 PM

Progress on my buddy's G2

4 Attachment(s)
Here is some photos of the resto project on my buddys yamaha. Silver base is on(just looks gold cause of the lighting in the garage), now the fun part. Blue flames!!!:thumbup: (The first photo is a in progress pic!)

TheNewGuy 02-21-2011 06:00 AM

Re: Progress on my buddy's G2

Nice work so far, can't wait to see more! :thumbup:

Tonka329 02-21-2011 08:48 AM

Good job riks! What color is that?

riks66 02-21-2011 02:23 PM

Its silver. The photos did not come out so good in the garage.

Tonka329 02-21-2011 04:33 PM

Looks good! I will be doing the off road look with truck bed liner. No scratches and will wash off clean everytime!:lhmo::thumbup:

AirJunky 02-21-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tonka329 (Post 524112)
Looks good! I will be doing the off road look with truck bed liner. No scratches and will wash off clean everytime!:lhmo::thumbup:

The pieces that I've done with Herculiner don't exactly "wash off clean everytime". They have a flat, somewhat dirty look to them most of the time. You can apply Armor All to it & it cleans up pretty nice.

I have had some pieces on my boat painted with Linex too, & that stuff can be applied smooth, like paint. After 2 yrs, it always looks that way, and has a slightly rubbery feel to it. It's more expensive, but it definitely looks better.

And to the OP, good job on the paint. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Tonka329 02-21-2011 05:43 PM

Good point on the smooth texture Air! I'm not a big fan of Herculiner... I will be using Durabak. It's like Linex and it comes in colors. I would do Linex but, we don't have a dealer around my area...

AirJunky 02-21-2011 05:52 PM

Right on. Lookin forward to seeing some pics of what the Durabak looks like. I'm making a bed for mine now & looked around for a DIY bedliner that could be applied with a smooth texture. I struck out finding anything locally. Maybe ordering a product like Durabak will be in my future too.

Tonka329 02-21-2011 06:30 PM

Durabak has smooth texture also! Check them out!

smallblock450sl 02-21-2011 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riks66 (Post 523830)
Here is some photos of the resto project on my buddys yamaha. Silver base is on(just looks gold cause of the lighting in the garage), now the fun part. Blue flames!!!:thumbup: (The first photo is a in progress pic!)

Many members ask about painting the "polypropylne" body parts on G2/G9's. What "special" prep/primer/paint did you use?