Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Replaced electric brake on Rxv but still having a problem (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=134179)

Caney 08-25-2017 08:07 AM

Replaced electric brake on Rxv but still having a problem

I replaced the electric brake on my Rxv which fixed my brake issue but my cart will only go about 300 yards and stop running. My batteries r a year old. I put a volt meter on them and found that 3 batteries were reading in the 12 volt range and one was about 10.4 volts. Could this be my issue r something else. Any help with trouble shooting is greatly appreciated

cgtech 08-25-2017 08:29 AM

Re: Replaced electric brake on Rxv but still having a problem

Rxv is picky about batteries, and that one at 10.5 is gonna be a problem.

usgicollector 08-25-2017 08:32 AM

If your brake is locking up I would say yes you got a battery problem. When you lose power brake does lock up and that battery is to low.

Looks like ctech beat me to it.

gornoman 08-25-2017 09:07 AM

10.4 static could easily drop to 3 or 4 under load, and that will not be enough for the system to operate correctly. Are the batteries being maintained correctly?

rib33024 08-25-2017 01:31 PM

Caney Welcome to BGW..

It's best if you only have one thread about a problem with your cart. Keep all your post and answers in one thread :thumbup:

Caney 09-01-2017 10:22 AM

Yes the batteries have been properly maintained. I put a battery charger on that one battery and got the voltage up to 12.4. If I run the cart one day for a few minutes and don't put it on the charger, the following day it may not engage when I turn it on. After turning the key a few times it engages, runs for a little but quickly loses power r shuts off. This is after getting that one battery back up to 12.4 volts. I can let it sit and it may run 5 minutes without any problem. Could it still be a battery issue r is their something else to trouble shoot. Thanks for help in advance

Caney 09-01-2017 10:24 AM

Sorry for having multiple threads. I'm a newly. Is there a way to delete the other threads

cgtech 09-01-2017 03:29 PM

Put volt meter on that battery & drive cart while someone monitors voltage. If it is dropping below 10.5 under load, it's still bad & not gonna come back to life.

Caney 09-01-2017 06:20 PM

Thanks for the guidance. I will do and let u know what happens