Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Golf Carts and Parts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WTB Chrome Sand/seed bottle holders for golf (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=129756)

golf cart man 05-06-2017 09:22 PM

WTB Chrome Sand/seed bottle holders for golf

I know chances are slim but if anybody has the holders that you put the sand bottles in when you play golf in chrome I am looking for a set of two. Have to chrome because I am looking for it to match the rest of the cart. I know not too many golfers on here but worth a shot :mrgreen: Thanks! (don't need the bottles, just the holders)

kgsc 05-06-2017 09:35 PM

Re: WTB Chrome Sand/seed bottle holders for golf

For what kind and model of cart? They are different.

smallblock450sl 05-07-2017 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf cart man (Post 1381960)
I know chances are slim but if anybody has the holders that you put the sand bottles in when you play golf in chrome I am looking for a set of two. Have to chrome because I am looking for it to match the rest of the cart. I know not too many golfers on here but worth a shot :mrgreen: Thanks! (don't need the bottles, just the holders)

Wow, I think I do:thumbup:

golf cart man 05-07-2017 07:37 PM

They are going on a Club Car DS...thank you for telling me they are different, I figured they are all round and I could figure out how to bolt them to the top support frame with two bolts in each. I had no idea they were model specific. :thumbup:

dundeebarnbuggy 05-07-2017 08:41 PM

Why do you carry sand while golfing? Up here if you need sand to get your cart unstuck, the season is OVER already!:lol:

golf cart man 05-07-2017 09:31 PM

That's exactly why I moved to Florida "THE SEASON IS OVER" is no longer in my vocabulary! :lol:

dundeebarnbuggy 05-08-2017 07:11 PM

Don't blame you! Still wondering what the sand is for though.

BrewCityMusic 05-10-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy (Post 1382728)
Don't blame you! Still wondering what the sand is for though.

It's actually a sand and grass seed mix that you pour in your divots to help keep the fairways in good condition. My local course has a special bottle *just* for Me, it's full of Wildflower seeds to keep the areas *around* the fairways pretty, hahahahaha

dundeebarnbuggy 05-10-2017 04:25 PM

Thanks for the answer! Around here I have seen the golfers just grab the hunk of sod and put it back in the hole. The dirt and grass stay together in one neat clump.

golf cart man 05-11-2017 12:09 PM

I asked my greenskeeper for you. he said that some places do mix with seed but down here they use green sand just for color and that you fill the divot with the sand to fill the hole and provide a bridge for the sideways growing grass to grow over and fill in over top of your divot. If you didn't use sand, then the grass would grow down into the hole and there would be divots all over. I never really thought about that, they tell me to fill my divots with sand and I do it lol.