Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   selenoid clicks, no movement (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=66729)

goldberg 07-04-2012 11:24 AM

selenoid clicks, no movement

Pack voltage after rest was 37.9. The selenoid clicks but the cart only makes a high pitch noise when the throttle is pressed, no movement in forward or reverse. This is a 36 volt cart.

scottyb 07-04-2012 01:39 PM

Re: selenoid clicks, no movement

Where is the noise coming from?

goldberg 07-04-2012 01:57 PM

Sounds like under the rear seat, near the motor, but I'm pretty certain the motor isn't turning.

goldberg 07-04-2012 04:31 PM

Ok getting frustrated. I found one cable that was damaged so I replaced it. It was the cable from the positive side of the battery pack to the solenoid, now the solenoid doesn't even click anymore. It is a 70-120224-2, so I will replace it and start over on my troubleshooting.

scottyb 07-04-2012 04:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
It sounds like you have a TXT series cart?
Does this chart match your cart...

What year & what drive system do you have?
The year is the last 2 digits of the manufacture code.... Just because the solenoid does not click does not mean it is bad or that a new one will click when installed in place of the old. Here is the solenoid activation diagram for a series cart

goldberg 07-05-2012 10:25 AM

Thanks Scotty. by the looks of your chart i have a DCS cart and the last two digits of the manufacturer code are 99. i will try to trace out the wiring diagram this afternoon when i get off work to make sure everything looks right. if it helps diagnose the problem any, my problem originally started when first taking off after moving under power for 5' or so the cart would die but after a good whack right on top of the passenger side of the seat with my fist the cart would take off and run fine.

camaroluvz28 07-05-2012 10:33 AM

Did you have the run/tow switch in tow when you changed that bad cable? Usually when your able to whack or hit the cart somewhere and cart will move it points to bad solenoid...so you may be on the right track.

goldberg 07-05-2012 10:37 AM

yes i made sure to have it in tow when i was doodling...read

goldberg 07-05-2012 10:38 AM

yes i made sure to have it in tow when i was doodling...i'm some dumb but not plumb dumb:wink:

scottyb 07-05-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldberg (Post 745716)
Thanks Scotty. by the looks of your chart i have a DCS cart and the last two digits of the manufacturer code are 99. i will try to trace out the wiring diagram this afternoon when i get off work to make sure everything looks right. if it helps diagnose the problem any, my problem originally started when first taking off after moving under power for 5' or so the cart would die but after a good whack right on top of the passenger side of the seat with my fist the cart would take off and run fine.

Okay, Fonzie! :thumbup: :lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Customer had a cart would not run until they banged the shift lever into gear several times, then away it went... they wanted a new F&R. I kicked the tire and the cart would go too. Turns out it had a very worn and loose spade connector on the solenoid activation circuit.