Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   92 36v cc v glide takes off w/out engaging accelerator (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=65990)

Joe Carreras 06-19-2012 09:39 AM

92 36v cc v glide takes off w/out engaging accelerator

My 92 v glide takes off as soon as I put it in forward (1st speed) without even touching the accelerator pedal. I would like to know some things I should check that may be causing this.

What I have done:
I made sure the the wiper arm is all the way down on the first copper contact. That is all I have done.

There are several other problems with the cart as well not sure if they are linked to this issue or not.

First, the key switch is inop. I have checked an there is not power to either side of the switch. The switch opens and closes like it should.

Second, I have power running through the frame (26v) I discovered this when I laid the key switch down and it arced on the metal going across the dash.

Third, the cart does not go in reverse.

The limit switch on top of the fwd/rev unit is stuck closed so power is constantly going through it.

Fourth, I replaced the solenoid with a new one,( just shooting from the hip) the new solenoid did nothing. I did not check power going to it because really am not sure how it gets its power. I put the old one back on it and it is at least going in fwd again. I did notice that the old solenoid housing is cracked, may be a cause of volage getting to the frame???

Lastly, the guy I bought this cart from put 3 12v batteries in this thing, it apperas to be wire correctly in series but that is just me guessing.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

shadowman 06-19-2012 10:32 AM

Re: 92 36v cc v glide takes off w/out engaging accelerator

well the cart driving when you just put it in gear is a stuck solenoid.......its possible the new one you put in was bad that happens buying new and getting bad....................reverse problem could be just a bad microswitch or the F&R..............voltage thur frame could be several things.........did cart ever have reverse? there are a few smaller cables from F&R that get hooked to batteries and if not right will effect reverse......you really should get a wiring diagram and go over all wires............there should also be a microswitch in v-glide box that activates solenoid so check that but if your solenoid is cracked you want it off cart......new solenoid and check micro inside v-glide....................................8)

Joe Carreras 06-19-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowman (Post 739846)
well the cart driving when you just put it in gear is a stuck solenoid.......its possible the new one you put in was bad that happens buying new and getting bad....................reverse problem could be just a bad microswitch or the F&R..............voltage thur frame could be several things.........did cart ever have reverse? there are a few smaller cables from F&R that get hooked to batteries and if not right will effect reverse......you really should get a wiring diagram and go over all wires............there should also be a microswitch in v-glide box that activates solenoid so check that but if your solenoid is cracked you want it off cart......new solenoid and check micro inside v-glide....................................8)

The cart did not have reverse when I bought it.
So when I push the pedal the wiper arm moves up, energizing the solenoid to go back to the resistors then turn the motor???

shadowman 06-20-2012 07:07 AM

yeah but all the resistor coils do is disapate any extra energy ( heat ) but they need to be clean and intact and no touching coils, the wiper arm is speed control......as it wipes across the copper shoes it increases speed and there are little resistors on the back side of the box.........................8)