Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Switch for Steering Column (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=91761)

redking 03-24-2014 01:03 PM

Switch for Steering Column

I'm looking to mount a light switch to the steering column on my cart. Hoping someone can point me to a waterproof switch that mounts well to the column? Looking for the switch to operate a set of low watt LEDs. Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

pachanga90 03-24-2014 04:32 PM

Re: Switch for Steering Column

You will probably need to make a bracket,usually the only column switches are for turn-signals.A simple bracket could be made with a muffler clamp and a piece of light-guage aluminum or steel angle.You can dress it up nice,even enclose it to hide the wiring and switch bodies.Hope this helps.:thumbup:

Jd62 03-24-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redking (Post 1003625)
I'm looking to mount a light switch to the steering column on my cart. Hoping someone can point me to a waterproof switch that mounts well to the column? Looking for the switch to operate a set of low watt LEDs. Any info or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Why you don't just mount the switch in the dash ?

720Deere 03-24-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jd62 (Post 1003748)
Why you don't just mount the switch in the dash ?

I was going to ask that, but I thought maybe somebody else understood the question better than I did.:help:

pachanga90 03-24-2014 06:28 PM

I answered according to the question.Personally I would put them in the dash too,but there may be a reason it needs to be on the column,such as a physical / medical condition.:thumbup:

redking 03-24-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 720Deere (Post 1003769)
I was going to ask that, but I thought maybe somebody else understood the question better than I did.:help:

Knew I was going to get that question and the answer is, I need a switch as close as possible to the steering wheel due to a disability reason.

Thanks

pachanga90 03-24-2014 06:50 PM

See,you never know someone's plans or reasoning,so I answer the question as its asked.:thumbup:

pachanga90 03-24-2014 06:54 PM

Red king,did you see my suggestions above?

redking 03-24-2014 06:57 PM

If there is nothing off the shelf that anyone is aware of, I will have to make something on the dash work. Can someone point me to some waterproof switches for dash use?

Thanks?

redking 03-24-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pachanga90 (Post 1003798)
Red king,did you see my suggestions above?

I did, Thank You. Will have to put on my thinking cap and come up with something. It's a brand new cart, so i certainly don't want to cob job it.