Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   1999 EZGO TXT Not running after lithium upgrade (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=187815)

twistr25 11-22-2022 08:56 PM

1999 EZGO TXT Not running after lithium upgrade

5 Attachment(s)
Hi all,
1999 EZGO TXT - So I found another post of a guy that did a 36v lithium upgrade. Bought his parts list and feel like I followed the same installation steps. My battery meter is showing correctly and I get my lights to turn on, but when I test for power to the motor....nothing. My old setup had a killswitch that I removed, so not sure if there is a jumper somewhere that thinks it's still engaged. I've volt tested in the controller area and getting full juice there. When I test the terminals on the motor, I only see 12v at each, but not sure if that's all it's supposed to be. Any one have any suggestions of other things to test or try?

jasonojordan 11-23-2022 07:43 AM

Re: 1999 EZGO TXT Not running after lithium upgrade

I would start with rechecking your battery wiring since that was the last thing that as done based off the information given.

Was anything else done at this same time? Have you checked to make sure your pack voltage is 36v? Wiring looks goofy in that last picture thats why I ask.

twistr25 11-23-2022 08:11 AM

I didn't change any other wiring other than removing that killswitch that was located up at the original charger receptacle. I did originally remove the old battery monitor, but then put it back in line (I think correctly) in case that was leaving a gap in the circuit, but those are the only things I touched outside of just replacing the batteries and adding the reducer.

twistr25 11-23-2022 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonojordan (Post 1918696)
I would start with rechecking your battery wiring since that was the last thing that as done based off the information given.

Was anything else done at this same time? Have you checked to make sure your pack voltage is 36v? Wiring looks goofy in that last picture thats why I ask.

Yes, off my final legs and from the shunt, I'm actually getting like 39v with them all together. I can get that same voltage measured over at the top of the controller as well.

The only place it is "low" is I get ~12.5v at each of the posts on the motor itself. Not sure what they should be though.

kgsc 11-23-2022 08:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the activation circuit

scottyb 11-23-2022 09:12 AM

I may be seeing a wire missing on the F&R micro switches. Looks like you are missing the Battey + there. May have something to do with the 'killswitch' you eliminated from the charge receptacle. That was the original + supply to the F&R ms.
Blue wire supplies power to the keyswitch. I'm guessing you have no power to the keyswitch. I could be wrong

twistr25 11-23-2022 09:58 AM

This is kind of what I'm thinking too, though I can't quite trace it back. I did have one spade that I don't recall pulling off, but a pair is off the back side of the switch. I can't remember if I tried reconnecting that and trying again.

scottyb 11-23-2022 11:25 AM

You need a 18g full battery + to the micro switches.

twistr25 11-23-2022 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1918732)
You need a 18g full battery + to the micro switches.

Yep, that was it, I found it a little earlier. Just jumped from that top spade on the microswitch to my positive group.

Running 20mph up from 17ish.

Thanks all!

scottyb 11-23-2022 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistr25 (Post 1918735)
Yep, that was it, I found it a little earlier. Just jumped from that top spade on the microswitch to my positive group.

Running 20mph up from 17ish.

Thanks all!

Glad we could help. Be careful and enjoy the rides :thumbup: