Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   All things Lithium (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   DIY Lithium Alibaba 200Ah 3C cells (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=172774)

Mike from Texas 01-17-2021 11:13 PM

DIY Lithium Alibaba 200Ah 3C cells

Looking at these batteries as an option for my 48V CC DS series cart.

Anything look out of the ordinary with them?

Check out this product on Alibaba App Free Shipping Grade A 3.2V Lifepo4 CATL 200Ah Battery Solar Battery 12V 200Ah https://m.alibaba.com/product/160005...00000%22%7D%7D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mike from Texas 01-18-2021 11:12 AM

Re: DIY Lithium Alibaba 200Ah 3C cells

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AussieInSeattle 01-18-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike from Texas (Post 1799551)
Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BGW is great for cart stuff but is in its infancy with regards to shipping stuff like lifepo4 batteries out of China with only a handful having done it compared to the many that have gone the leaf/volt route.

For the answers you are looking for sign up on the diysolarforum.com site and do a search on xuba and Amy and research accordingly. There is a diy lifepo4 pack subforum where most of the info is. I bought my 120Ah cells through Amy and so far so good - I think she changed companies though. I can get you her details if you like but still research yourself imo.

Many on that forum purchased the 280Ah eve (I think) cells through her. Pricing and seller experiences are constantly changing and that forum will give you the latest information from people buying the cells you want.

The people on the diy forum are mainly solar folks so you have to keep in mind that they are usually discharging at lower C rates compared to the needs of a golf cart. So just make sure you have battery specs and cart requirements matched up.

I went with 120Ah cells that are 2C continuous (240amps) and 3C for 30 seconds (360amps) for my Alltrax 500, Admiral A2 precedent with standard size tires. I didn't need the capacity/range of 120Ah but you need the higher Ah cells in order to get the higher discharge rates.

Be sure to report back here what you get and what your experience was :-)

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

cman9toes 01-19-2022 03:01 PM

AussieInSeattle, If I could pick your brain for a minute, I am looking to exactly what you have done with my Yamaha Drive. I've actually been digging over DIYsolar a ton and have about decided to order from Amy at Docan.

My questions are:
1. What BMS are you using
2. What charger
3. What else is needed for a 48v setup with the 16 cells in series

Thanks, David

cman9toes 01-19-2022 03:04 PM

to the OP I like that Docan has a warehouse in Houston and it's free shipping. Ton's of great reviews on the diy solar forum, but most order direct from Amy.

Aussie, did you do anything for compression on your batteries in the golf cart or do you not worry about that with this application?

nathanhamlet 03-31-2022 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cman9toes (Post 1871515)
AussieInSeattle, If I could pick your brain for a minute, I am looking to exactly what you have done with my Yamaha Drive. I've actually been digging over DIYsolar a ton and have about decided to order from Amy at Docan.

My questions are:
1. What BMS are you using
2. What charger
3. What else is needed for a 48v setup with the 16 cells in series

Thanks, David

Did you end up picking up a BMS? What did you use to encapsulate the cells?

cman9toes 06-21-2022 10:18 PM

Nathan, I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have decided on a 200 amp JBD BMS though.