Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Alltrax SR controller install (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=117069)

cgtech 04-14-2016 02:38 PM

Re: Alltrax SR controller install

Nice preemptive strike! The lithium compatibility requires a whole other unit to handle the lithium batteries, it looks just like a XCT controller, but its red plastic.

scottyb 04-15-2016 01:47 PM

Sorry a typo - AC drive is what I meant to type.

Hopefully we can get more done on this later :thumbup:

Revolution 04-15-2016 10:49 PM

Ahh, AC, That I get, and would be very interested in.

Did you get the cables done and installed? I want to know how it compares to the SPM controllers.

scottyb 04-16-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolution (Post 1264244)
Ahh, AC, That I get, and would be very interested in.

Did you get the cables done and installed? I want to know how it compares to the SPM controllers.

I got swamped in other work but, to answer your question performance should be about the same as the SPM control. But we will see.

270Handiman 05-18-2016 12:49 PM

Bump (gentle nudge for some updates)

scottyb 05-26-2016 10:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Sorry for the delay, I was out for surgery and then came back to the busiest 2 weeks of the year, I buttoned this up and tested on jack stands first as usual. It works. Cart is charging. I will have performance results after the charge and a tease ..... battery guy is bringing an additional CR225 6v battery so I can increase the pack to 42v.

Pics of the completed install. Notice the SR control does bolt to the OEM heat sink with your own 1/4 - 20 bolts or possibly the old controller cover bolts...
The Alltrax solenoid bracket is needed we sell them for $12.50 on the website. Don't forget to add to cart :thumbup:

FYI cable shown on control M- terminal upper left not marked is motor A2

scottyb 05-26-2016 10:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The directional shifting is done with a low amperage rocker included in the SW202 and SW182 reversing contactor kits. Best upgrade EVER for TXT Series cart.

Volt_Ampere 05-26-2016 07:59 PM

Nice setup! If I had a series cart, the first upgrade I would do would be to use solenoids for Fwd/Rev.

scottyb 05-26-2016 09:36 PM

Performance is surprisingly brisk. The little test cart is a 1998 or 99 stock series cart with a big heavy cargo box on it. It now spins the wheels on take offs if desired... However the soft start I programmed in is working nicely and I can ease up from a stop with no abrupt movement. That's a nice combination guys :thumbup: Tomorrow I get a 7th 6v battery delivered and I will finish out the 2g cable upgrade with 6 new batt to batt leads.
I'm really pleased so far, better performance than I expected for 36v. :shock: :thumbup:

Lilrascals 05-26-2016 10:02 PM

Thank you Scottyb I just got my spm48500 today and installed works great. Charging the batteries to see how it will go. Let me know how the 42v setup goes might want to do it also. I've already done the 2 awg wires upgrade and I am saving up for the sw202 switch right now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk