Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Ezgo txt fleet lithium battery (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=188573)

Rkipker1 01-30-2023 08:05 AM

Ezgo txt fleet lithium battery

I was gifted a Samsung sdi battery from a 2017 lithium cart. The bms shuts the battery down every 10 minutes. Looking for troubleshooting tips.

Pat911 01-30-2023 04:07 PM

Re: Ezgo txt fleet lithium battery

You will need to determine if the shutdown is because the BMS is sensing a fault condition or if the BMS itself is faulty. Do you have a multimeter and can you check cell voltages? Post them here if you can.

Rkipker1 01-31-2023 06:41 AM

Each pack has a voltage of 54.84. Voltage at the BMS outputs are 53.5. Cart ran fine for exactly 10 minutes then shut down. Just setting idle, cart would shut down at exactly 10 minutes.

augiedoggy 01-31-2023 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rkipker1 (Post 1927226)
Each pack has a voltage of 54.84. Voltage at the BMS outputs are 53.5. Cart ran fine for exactly 10 minutes then shut down. Just setting idle, cart would shut down at exactly 10 minutes.

sounds like a possible overtemp or similiar situation.. with a delay set to kick in at 10 minutes.. is there any way to communicate with the bms to see whats going on?

Volt_Ampere 01-31-2023 09:04 AM

It must be a 16 cell Life given the voltage. (if that's fully charged) It has to be a BMS issue. I do not know anything about their BMS and how it interacts with the rest of the EzGo cart. Should be a good battery though.

Rkipker1 01-31-2023 11:10 AM

I was thinking it was a bms problem. The cart is long gone. It was a trade in. We threw a rowpow battery and a navitas controller in it and it sold fast. Not sure where to start looking for a Bms, google search didn’t yield much. I have no way to test the bms.

Pat911 01-31-2023 04:01 PM

Yea, I would just replace the BMS and be done with it. At 54.8v, chances are very high that the cells are good. BMS’s are a dime a dozen on AliExpress. That’s where I get mine from, but you really need to determine the cell type and count. Can you post a photo of the BMS, the cells and if possible, can you measure the cell voltage.

Rkipker1 02-01-2023 08:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat911 (Post 1927277)
Yea, I would just replace the BMS and be done with it. At 54.8v, chances are very high that the cells are good. BMS’s are a dime a dozen on AliExpress. That’s where I get mine from, but you really need to determine the cell type and count. Can you post a photo of the BMS, the cells and if possible, can you measure the cell voltage.

The battery is a Samsung lion 2- 30 amp hour packs in parallel. I believe it has a main BMS and each pack has a slave BMS.

Pat911 02-01-2023 04:04 PM

It will be very difficult to have a single BMS with those packs but you can have a BMS on each pack. You will need access to a voltage tap at each cell bank. It’s hard to see from your photos. Can you post images of the BMS? Can you remove the BMS from its mounting as the voltage taps should be there.

Rkipker1 02-02-2023 06:51 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat911 (Post 1927389)
It will be very difficult to have a single BMS with those packs but you can have a BMS on each pack. You will need access to a voltage tap at each cell bank. It’s hard to see from your photos. Can you post images of the BMS? Can you remove the BMS from its mounting as the voltage taps should be there.

. Here are the pictures of the battery packs and BMS.