Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2021 AC drive Onward (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=177116)

rabbitreborn 06-27-2021 04:22 PM

2021 AC drive Onward

Has anyone played with these yet to see if the factory AC Drive system can be sped up over the 19.5 limit? I know the Navitas setup and the HPEVS kits can handle up to 35 no problem but I haven't seen any info out on the factory setup.

jmdonward 07-26-2021 05:08 PM

Re: 2021 AC drive Onward

following

Tom47 07-26-2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbitreborn (Post 1834938)
Has anyone played with these yet to see if the factory AC Drive system can be sped up over the 19.5 limit? I know the Navitas setup and the HPEVS kits can handle up to 35 no problem but I haven't seen any info out on the factory setup.

19.5 is all you can get with the stock setup. Anything above that and the vehicle becomes and LSV which must be titled, tagged and insured, along with many street legal accessories like mirrors, seatbelts, lights, turn signals and horn. Florida may have some additional requirements also.

Keeping it under 20 allows you (in Florida) to drive on any road with a 30 mph or less speed limit. Georgia allows the same on 35 MPH roads.

There is nothing to keep you from installing a Navitas to get 35 MPH. Just keep the speed reasonable when anyone is watching.

RJM 07-27-2021 01:34 PM

Very curious if you can put a Navitas controller in an HP lead-acid Onward...

Ryokuro 07-27-2021 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJM (Post 1841410)
Very curious if you can put a Navitas controller in an HP lead-acid Onward...

Power is power... doesn't matter the source, as long as the source is capable of providing enough power.

fstop 07-28-2021 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryokuro (Post 1841412)
Power is power... doesn't matter the source, as long as the source is capable of providing enough power.

While volts is volts - this is true, I think he may have meant would the Navitas controller interface with the cart wiring and AC motor in the "HP" version of the carts w/out replacing the motor with Navitas' own 4kw or 5kw units.

I think he mentions lead acid because it's very likely a definite "No" with the HP+LiOn carts, as the LiOn battery, controller and motor most likely are integrated as a unit. With the lead acid "HP" carts, it may still be possible to mix and match controller / motor / power source.

RJM 07-28-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fstop (Post 1841587)
While volts is volts - this is true, I think he may have meant would the Navitas controller interface with the cart wiring and AC motor in the "HP" version of the carts w/out replacing the motor with Navitas' own 4kw or 5kw units.

I think he mentions lead acid because it's very likely a definite "No" with the HP+LiOn carts, as the LiOn battery, controller and motor most likely are integrated as a unit. With the lead acid "HP" carts, it may still be possible to mix and match controller / motor / power source.

Thank you, fstop. 100% what I was getting at.

kernal 07-28-2021 11:11 AM

Navitas makes a controller option for the EZGO RXV which comes from the factory with an AC motor so not necessary to use the Navitas AC motor. Seems logical they could do this for the non lithium AC motored Club Cars also. But I don't know if they do.

fstop 07-29-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJM (Post 1841614)
Thank you, fstop. 100% what I was getting at.

Yes - I'm also curious to know the same thing.

clickb8 08-23-2021 03:38 PM

Following as well. We have a Onward HP and live in a golf cart community. Regularly get passed by Icon golf carts...talk about embarrassing...haha!