Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   engine compartment insulation (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=158786)

mikeasis 11-10-2019 06:00 PM

engine compartment insulation

Not sure what im not googling right on this one but im looking for under hood insulation for my G1. Mainly to put on the underside of the body behind the drivers legs. Possibly something that would reflect heat away from this area and possibly have adhesion on it so no glue is required.

thank you in advance.

Mike

Godfather 11-10-2019 10:24 PM

Re: engine compartment insulation

Check out dynamat. Not sure if it is self adhesive though.

MCJEFE 11-11-2019 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeasis (Post 1668598)
Not sure what im not googling right on this one but im looking for under hood insulation for my G1. Mainly to put on the underside of the body behind the drivers legs. Possibly something that would reflect heat away from this area and possibly have adhesion on it so no glue is required.

thank you in advance.

Mike

Try searching for marine or boat engine compartment insulation. Lots of options come up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lochlin 11-11-2019 08:32 AM

One of my old Columbias is crazy loud due to some sketchy crank bearings that I am not changing until they officially fail. I lined the entire underside of the body with a dynamat knock-off that I found on Amazon. It has both heat and sound deadening qualities. It was made by "Noico". If you peruse Amazon you will see a lot of postings. I was surprised how well it worked.

mikeasis 11-11-2019 10:09 AM

I could not for the life of me remember "dynamat" :shock:

thank you everyone for the tips. Im going to give Noico a try

CP241 11-11-2019 11:53 AM

Run up to Lowes, home depot, or any roofing supply store. Get a product called "peel and seal". It's the exact same thing as dynamat right down to the foil backing. I used to use it a lot back in my car audio days, stuff works great. Sticks well too. It's cheap and easy to find locally.

mikeasis 11-11-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP241 (Post 1668822)
Run up to Lowes, home depot, or any roofing supply store. Get a product called "peel and seal". It's the exact same thing as dynamat right down to the foil backing. I used to use it a lot back in my car audio days, stuff works great. Sticks well too. It's cheap and easy to find locally.

dang, already placed an order :thumbdown: