Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Drive belt replacement (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=13050)

BLES 02-21-2009 11:47 AM

Drive belt replacement

Hi! Great forum here. I just got an '02 DS that has a lot of cracks in the drive belt. Got a new belt with it and the guy said it's a 30 second job to replace. Well, I don't see how it comes off easily.? Is there really a replacement procedure that's easy? Looking forward to learning about these carts. Thanks in advance.
BLES

lockman1 02-21-2009 12:57 PM

Re: Drive belt replacement

Welcome to BGW!

It's actually pretty easy...

Pull the belt on to the edge of the driven (back) clutch,
and roll it off! (trans in neutral)

Reverse those instructions to put the new one on!

:thumbup:

rusty 02-21-2009 01:39 PM

Hello BLES and Welcome to the forum.

jsahara24 02-22-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lockman1 (Post 147758)
Welcome to BGW!

It's actually pretty easy...

Pull the belt on to the edge of the driven (back) clutch,
and roll it off! (trans in neutral)

Reverse those instructions to put the new one on!

:thumbup:

I just put a new belt on for the first time. My drive (front) clutch was not opened all the way so the belt wasn't getting to the bottom of the clutch. Once i realized that i did exactly was Lockman1 said and it took about 30 seconds. Good Luck!

BLES 02-22-2009 09:32 AM

Thanks guys. I got it switched last night. Wasn't too bad but would be a lot easier if it was easier to access. Do you guys access it from underneath, through the seat, or the access panel in the bag well?
BLES

lockman1 02-22-2009 09:39 AM

With my lifted cart, it was easier to access the belt from under the cart,
Although, the bagwell access has been useful on non-lifted carts...

How'd you do it?

BLES 02-22-2009 09:56 AM

I used the combo method!!:lol: I tried from the seat but couldn't reach far enough. I removed the bagwell cover and tried through there. A bit of both. It wasn't a big job but sure would be easier to just grab the clutch with both hands and turn it on.
BLES

jsahara24 02-22-2009 09:58 AM

i had my body off so it was real easy for me....

scottyb 02-22-2009 10:25 AM

Welcome to BGW, You gotta love the Workhorse ;-) Directions go like this: Raise bed, step into the engine compartment, change belt :thumbup:

Tammllyn 09-10-2011 07:16 PM

I have a question for you guys.... The drive belt is loose and wont grab to make the cart go... do i need a new belt? or is there a way to tighten this up? It doesnt have any cracks or anything in it..... i was driving it quite a bit the other day when this happened... it runs but just doesnt want to go anywhere... HELP ME PLEASE