Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   DPI charger for 48 volt (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=151559)

Goober11 04-05-2019 07:03 PM

DPI charger for 48 volt

4 Attachment(s)
I have a DPI charger that came with a CC that I got for parts. I do not know if it will work on my CC DS IQ that I am building. Model number for charger is 1-48015-04
1-48015-04. I have plugged it in to the cart an receptacle and it didn’t do anything.

Attachment 184544

Attachment 184545

Attachment 184546

Attachment 184547

Goober11 04-06-2019 04:16 PM

Re: DPI charger for 48 volt

Just need to know if charger is compatible with my 2006 cc. Don’t want to drop an money in it if it will not work with my cart.

WalterM6 04-06-2019 09:00 PM

My thoughts. It appears that the charger doesn't have any electronics inside it to control the charge. If your cart has an OBC it might work. Does the charge have a circular 3 pin DC charging plug on it.

Googled it and yes that charger is for a Club Car w/OBC. If it's not working most people here would advise you to junk it and get a new "Smart Charger" instead of trying to repair it, which would cost as much as a new charger.

Goober11 04-06-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterM6 (Post 1602419)
My thoughts. It appears that the charger doesn't have any electronics inside it to control the charge. If your cart has an OBC it might work. Does the charge have a circular 3 pin DC charging plug on it.

Googled it and yes that charger is for a Club Car w/OBC. If it's not working most people here would advise you to junk it and get a new "Smart Charger" instead of trying to repair it, which would cost as much as a new charger.

Thanks WalterM6 Thanks for the reply. Thats what I thought about no electronics inside. Yes the cart has the 3 pin DC plug. I think you are right it is not worthy putting any money in it. It was just laying around in the shop thought I would look into it. I will go with a smart charge when the time comes.

WalterM6 04-06-2019 10:28 PM

There are some simple problems that could be wrong with the charger. Why don't you make a post describing your problem and maybe somebody can post a fix. Like the problem you mentioned. You plug it in and nothing. That could be caused by the battery voltage being too low.

Goober11 04-07-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterM6 (Post 1602440)
There are some simple problems that could be wrong with the charger. Why don't you make a post describing your problem and maybe somebody can post a fix. Like the problem you mentioned. You plug it in and nothing. That could be caused by the battery voltage being too low.

The charger is a spare one I have. I am building a 2006 CC DS IQ. The cart came with a charger that works fine. The DPI charger (spare one) does not. When you plug it in I do not here a click from the relay or anything. Pack voltage is 50.4 after 12 hours. I did check the cords with a MM they check out good. Do not know what to test next.

Roxyflash 04-07-2019 06:46 AM

Not sure if that’s a bridged rectifier or a triack but would check that the small square component.

Goober11 04-07-2019 07:09 AM

I thing I know what you are talking about but I have know idea how to test that???

WalterM6 04-07-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

I have know idea how to test that???
First make a drawing of how it's wired up. Then get your ohmmeter out. Disconnect all wires from the bridge diode. Connect the meter between any two adjutant connections. One direction you should read open. Reverse the leads and you should read some resistance. Repeat for the other 3 diodes by selecting two more adjutant connections. Replace if any section reads the same in both directions either open or shorted.

Goober11 04-07-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterM6 (Post 1602540)
First make a drawing of how it's wired up. Then get your ohmmeter out. Disconnect all wires from the bridge diode. Connect the meter between any two adjutant connections. One direction you should read open. Reverse the leads and you should read some resistance. Repeat for the other 3 diodes by selecting two more adjutant connections. Replace if any section reads the same in both directions either open or shorted.

Thanks WalterM6 not at cart right now but will check in the am.