Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Yamaha (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2007 yamaha G29 no forward (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=172191)

chrismedpga 12-26-2020 04:52 PM

2007 yamaha G29 no forward

hello all...new frustrated poster here. Have a 07 G29 that 2 weeks ago stopped going and clicking in forward. Clicks and drives fine in reverse... ended up driving it home in reverse and intermittent it clicks and drives forward..I have replaced the switch and just got done replacing the solenoid. Upon replacing the solenoid drove all over the neighborhood for 2 hours with no issues... thought I had it fixed... went out today turned key on with switch in forward and nada.. switched to reverse...the solenoid clicked and backed out...switched to forward and nothing... batteries are fine.just intermittent nothing in forward only...reverse always works....anyone had this issue??? thanks so much for your time!

biphase 12-27-2020 11:16 AM

Re: 2007 yamaha G29 no forward

Pin 10 on the 26 pin plug (white wire) goes high (48 volts) in FWD
Pin 9 on the 26 pin plug (yellow wire) goes high (48 volts) in REV

Your problem sounds like an intermittent connection on the white wire between the F/R switch and pin 10 on the controller.

chrismedpga 12-28-2020 07:37 PM

thanks will check it out!!!

chrismedpga 12-29-2020 04:17 PM

so an addition to this post hoping for a final bit of clarity.... tow switch flipped and it runs fine..... let it sit overnight in run, went out this am and nada in forward....reverse worked just fine... flipped tow switch for 30 seconds and back on....it works in forward.... any input??? I'm questioning a wire issue with the afformentioned but why would it run fine after a tow switch reset???? I hope that this makes sense to someone ...I have been a golf professional for 26 years but unfortunately all gasser club cars lol.... thanks for any other insight... It runs just fine when it runs... just the intermittent lack of forward with no click after sitting for a bit.

cgtech 12-29-2020 05:53 PM

That almost sounds like it's just a funky controller.

chrismedpga 01-01-2021 02:43 PM

I was waiting to hear from you as it is my thought as well.... would you have a recommendation for a replace...everything is stock still blue tag hitachi, brand new solenoid.. thats probably a loaded question without the specs of what I have in there now...dont need anything crazy as speed and performance were just perfect with stock.. thanks for taking your time!!! cheers

cgtech 01-01-2021 08:40 PM

The stock controller is quite cheap these days, less than $300 I think. It wont have the speed code in it, so if you went 19mph before, you wont anymore, unless you have the dealer order & install the speed code. Controller cannot be ordered with speed code pre-installed.

chrismedpga 01-06-2021 11:19 AM

Okay!!!! after replacing solenoid controller motor and batteries the problem was still there..lol... turns out it was a white wire inside the harness that was split and corroded under the floor....mouse maybe??? who knows...needed new batteries anyways most other stuff was available to me luckily thru a friend who builds tons of carts... explains why reverse always worked and the intermittent forward.... thanks for those who had input....hope this helps.someone someday

Jumo 08-05-2022 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biphase (Post 1793408)
Pin 10 on the 26 pin plug (white wire) goes high (48 volts) in FWD
Pin 9 on the 26 pin plug (yellow wire) goes high (48 volts) in REV

Your problem sounds like an intermittent connection on the white wire between the F/R switch and pin 10 on the controller.

Hi I am having the same issue with my 2008 electric G29, except mine is intermittent in reverse. Once I get going it works fine most the time. If it sits for a while I have to work the throttle and eventually I can get reverse to work. Thinking about ordering a new harness. Can’t find any split wires yet