Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rhox 7" lift installed (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=164661)

jhnmflr 05-31-2020 01:22 PM

Rhox 7" lift installed

4 Attachment(s)
Well I wanted to get the Jakes long travel but it did not fit let time frame I needed it in. I ended up with a Rhox which I bought from Jasons golf carts, one of the sponsors here. Install was easy, no fitment issues. I ended up doing some fab work to get the Jakes from disc set to work on it. overall I am please. Ride is 100% better than my previous concoction of a lift. i do wish camber was easier to adjust and wish there was a caster adjustment. The kit runs negative caster. I aligned it on my alignment machine at work to 1/8 toe in, .25 negative camber and caster is -1.25 on both sides. Drive good at speed ( 25 MPH) and it sits 18.5" to the bottom of the floorboard. I ended up taking the coils off the rear coil over shocks on the rear and took out the middle leaf spring on my HD rear leafs. The ride is much better in the rear now. Two problems, the rear end squats under load off road and the front lifts much easier than before. I may either add some spring back in the rear or try to go to a softer spring rate in the front. I can not mount my winch to the front now. Jasons shipped fast! Overall not a bad lift. :thumbup:

TheNewGuy 05-31-2020 06:25 PM

Re: Rhox 7" lift installed

Nice job! Good lookin cart.:thumbup:

93yamslammer 06-01-2020 07:01 AM

That looks awesome!!

slonomo 06-01-2020 07:05 AM

Negative caster? I would not have thought that. That usually gives a loose steering feel, no?

To correct the caster, can you put shims under the rear two mounts to lower the rear of the new subframe? That would rotate the axis of the subframe to correct the caster. Not sure how much you would need but you could try it?

dearthvader 06-01-2020 10:33 AM

I have the Jake's Long arm suspension on my cart and have been wandering about caster. My kit simply has a kingpin attached to the upper and lower a-arms via heim joints. Can I check the caster angle by placing an angle finder on the front or rear of the kingpin with the wheels pointing straight and measure the angle? I think it's that simple but want to make sure I'm correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slonomo (Post 1725061)
Negative caster? I would not have thought that. That usually gives a loose steering feel, no?

To correct the caster, can you put shims under the rear two mounts to lower the rear of the new subframe? That would rotate the axis of the subframe to correct the caster. Not sure how much you would need but you could try it?

jhnmflr 06-01-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy (Post 1724923)
Nice job! Good lookin cart.:thumbup:

Thanks!

jhnmflr 06-01-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearthvader (Post 1725136)
I have the Jake's Long arm suspension on my cart and have been wandering about caster. My kit simply has a kingpin attached to the upper and lower a-arms via heim joints. Can I check the caster angle by placing an angle finder on the front or rear of the kingpin with the wheels pointing straight and measure the angle? I think it's that simple but want to make sure I'm correct.

You could do that to check caster.
If it runs good I would not worry.

jhnmflr 06-01-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dearthvader (Post 1725136)

Yes. I can shim to get some correction but it doesn't fell bad at speed so i will leave it alone....... for now

stick101 06-06-2020 03:14 PM

Looks great! I got 5 inch axle drop with coil overs and it rides like a *** tank! I’m looking at that one and the 8 inch all sport. However the all sport is twice the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhnmflr 06-09-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stick101 (Post 1727345)
Looks great! I got 5 inch axle drop with coil overs and it rides like a *** tank! I’m looking at that one and the 8 inch all sport. However the all sport is twice the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too early to tell overall quality but the price was right and it was available.