Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Lift kit 101 (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=9370)

Maxster 10-17-2008 08:55 PM

Lift kit 101

I have just purchased a 1993 Club Car (gas) and want to install a lift kit and tires. Never owned a golf cart before, please give me some direction. I plan on using it for getting around my ten acre lot. Lawn work, minor construction and joy riding. NO jumping or mud bogging.

What is the difference spindle lift and "A" arm lift kit (do I have a choice)?
What is the best kit to buy?

Thanks for your time!

roady89 10-17-2008 09:18 PM

Re: Lift kit 101

A spindle lift is exactly what is sounds like...the spindle is lowered, raising the front in the process. It's also the easiest to install.

An A-arm lift is a little more complicated and involved. It will give a better ride than the spindle but may cost more.

If your just gettin around a spindle lift will do you just fine and should be the cheaper of the 2 different lifts.

Theres lots more.....

Maxster 10-17-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roady89 (Post 103740)
A spindle lift is exactly what is sounds like...the spindle is lowered, raising the front in the process. It's also the easiest to install.

An A-arm lift is a little more complicated and involved. It will give a better ride than the spindle but may cost more.

If your just gettin around a spindle lift will do you just fine and should be the cheaper of the 2 different lifts.

Theres lots more.....

What brand do you suggest? Who shoukd I buy from?

rusty 10-17-2008 09:26 PM

Welcome to the forum Maxster..............

roady89 10-17-2008 09:27 PM

A Jakes spindle is probly the top of the line for spindle type lifts. They use a steel casting for their spindle whereas most , if not all, others have weldment type spindles. You can check with any of the site sponsors, they all should carry them.

Maxster 10-17-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty (Post 103745)
Welcome to the forum Maxster..............

Thanks Rusty,

I look forward to this winter project and I will need help from you guys. I am an X auto mechanic and I am into racing lawnmowers, Building RC trucks/cars and Harley Davidson’s. However I don’t know anything about Golf Carts. I pick it up this Sunday, I will post a picture of it.

PS: No laughing, :laughing6:it was setting in a barn and only cost $400

roady89 10-17-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxster (Post 103752)

PS: No laughing, :laughing6:it was setting in a barn and only cost $400

My last full build cost me $50. I don't think anyone will laugh.......much. LOL!

Heres is my last completed build.
Start
club car frame

Good pic of a Jakes Club car spindle
club car lift

The finished car.
Lifted Club car

doolin 10-17-2008 10:25 PM

Roady that is a good looking cart. Did you keep it elec.?

Maxster 10-19-2008 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well guys hear it is and it’s a beauty, my first Golf Cart :blob7:

I will need help in many areas of this build. Would you suggest posting a new thread “Cart Restore” if so what category should I start it or should I just keep using this thread? I have many questions however they won’t be just about lifting the cart?

scottyb 10-19-2008 05:24 PM

Keep this thread.....You already have roady's good looking cart at the start....Nice bird!

NIce cart Maxster?
It looks fairly complete and in good shape.