Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Star and Fairplay (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Who's planning on modding their carts? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=28360)

BlackCobra 01-22-2010 01:10 PM

Who's planning on modding their carts?

Whether cosmetic stuff, or lifts, power, etc.

I'm guessing I will, as I can't leave anything alone, but don't know much about electric vehicles.

YellowSled 01-22-2010 01:12 PM

Re: Who's planning on modding their carts?

1. Thinking about adding HID's
Pro: less current draw
Con:dont know if there wil be additional heat, maybe to much for the housings?

2. Marine stereo under the dash with maybe 2-6" speakers.

BlackCobra 01-22-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowSled (Post 345501)
1. Thinking about adding HID's
Pro: less current draw
Con:dont know if there wil be additional heat, maybe to much for the housings?

2. Marine stereo under the dash with maybe 2-6" speakers.

HID's would be pretty cool - not sure about heat...

reganr 01-22-2010 01:42 PM

Stereo, tinker with controller if someone can get decent gains.

BlackCobra 01-22-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reganr (Post 345519)
Stereo, tinker with controller if someone can get decent gains.

Since I'm a total newb when it comes to carts: Is this a new controller or is there anything that would prevent us from getting perfromance gains? Maybe it is already maxed out from the factory? [or close to it].

reganr 01-22-2010 01:49 PM

Controller is set for best allround use from factory, It can be cutom tuned to individual needs. Example: Where I live there are no hills, so I may want less torque for climbing and more topend speed. Everything is a compromise, to gain here, you have to give there.

BlackCobra 01-22-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reganr (Post 345526)
Controller is set for best allround use from factory, It can be cutom tuned to individual needs. Example: Where I live there are no hills, so I may want less torque for climbing and more topend speed. Everything is a compromise, to gain here, you have to give there.

Got it. I have tons of hills - I might need some more grunt out of mine.

DealMaker8378 01-22-2010 02:00 PM

Check out "Electrical Motor Products, Inc.", one of the site sponsors here. They guarantee they can get your motor to your desired speed! They build a hi/lo (speed vs. torque) type switch that works on the fly which I am real interested in. They have a very detailed questionnaire in their FAQ section that you can fill out and send to them and I guess they will get back to you with suggestions. Everything I have read about them indicates they are really good folk's!

BlackCobra 01-22-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DealMaker8378 (Post 345536)
Check out "Electrical Motor Products, Inc.", one of the site sponsors here. They guarantee they can get your motor to your desired speed! They build a hi/lo (speed vs. torque) type switch that works on the fly which I am real interested in. They have a very detailed questionnaire in their FAQ section that you can fill out and send to them and I guess they will get back to you with suggestions. Everything I have read about them indicates they are really good folk's!

Great tip - thanks for the info. A switch would be a great solution!

reganr 01-22-2010 02:10 PM

I would be cool if they would rent out a handheld programmer with suggested parameter settings for your individual application. Kind of like buying a Predator tuner for your car and buying one of their "canned tunes".