Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=179438)

Mobilekaraoke 09-14-2021 07:43 PM

About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV
 
Iím going to manufacture a battery tray for my RXV using an old bed frame as angle iron. I bought a Roypow S51160 from 18650batterystore.com. The drop down box had a mounting bracket listed for the RXV. My wife calls me captain overkill, so naturally I bought the 160ah version because the website listed brackets for my cart. Well, any need brackets? The battery will technically fit, but the original tray will have to me removed and a new one created. I will take pics along the way and post them when itís all complete.

wingnut2000 09-15-2021 09:23 AM

Re: About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV
 
i have a 2015 RXV I'm trying to get by with my trojans a little longer. I am looking at an ecobattery but the one I want isnt available for probably another month. I believe it has better specs as far as discharge rate and all which I think will be best with mine since it runs about 27 mph.

davidgolfer 09-16-2021 01:46 PM

Re: About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobilekaraoke (Post 1852179)
Iím going to manufacture a battery tray for my RXV using an old bed frame as angle iron. I bought a Roypow S51160 from 18650batterystore.com. The drop down box had a mounting bracket listed for the RXV. My wife calls me captain overkill, so naturally I bought the 160ah version because the website listed brackets for my cart. Well, any need brackets? The battery will technically fit, but the original tray will have to me removed and a new one created. I will take pics along the way and post them when itís all complete.

My buddy in the maintenance shop at the course helped me with mine. He had to cut out existing supports that ran diagonal in between lead batteries. Then I bought some fat bar from home depot and he welded 2 of them in the bottom for support.
I have a rxv 2015 with Extreme team 48v 150ah pack

Jaybird18 09-18-2021 06:21 AM

Re: About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidgolfer (Post 1852491)
My buddy in the maintenance shop at the course helped me with mine. He had to cut out existing supports that ran diagonal in between lead batteries. Then I bought some fat bar from home depot and he welded 2 of them in the bottom for support.
I have a rxv 2015 with Extreme team 48v 150ah pack

who do you like the Extreme team pack? how is your run time?

davidgolfer 09-18-2021 02:27 PM

Re: About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybird18 (Post 1852803)
who do you like the Extreme team pack? how is your run time?

"Extreme Team Carts" out of Florida has packs they sell. You can find them online or on facebook. Run time has been excellent.
Before I had 6 8 volt lead acid would run about 45 holes. Would charge daily even if I only played 18 holes because I couldn't go more than 18 next day if I wanted.
My new lithium pack only drops about 10% per 18 holes. I'm only charging every 5-7 days and I play a lot of golf. I have been very pleased with the results so far.

davidgolfer 09-18-2021 02:28 PM

Re: About to put Roypow S51160 in a 2016 EZGO RXV
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaybird18 (Post 1852803)
who do you like the Extreme team pack? how is your run time?

Here is my short review I posted. https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178841


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This Website and forum is the property of Buggiesgonewild.com. No material may be taken or duplicated in part or full without prior written consent of the owners of buggiesgonewild.com. © 2006-2017 Buggiesgonewild.com. All rights reserved.