Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Lester Charger Issue (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=133567)

jakesnake27 08-10-2017 07:19 PM

Lester Charger Issue

So my Lester E-Series II 28080 smart charger is acting up. Actually it charges fine, but has a fast red LED blink at the end of the charge cycle. It is supposed to be solid green when finished. In the owner's manual it states 'Hardware fault, contact Lester Electrical. Unit is still able to charge'. How concerned should I be with this, and what could be the issue here? This charger is only a year old. :roll:

yamahaguy97 08-10-2017 07:37 PM

Re: Lester Charger Issue

...I would say go with it :shock: lol I mean if your worried about it catching on fire I probably wouldn't worry about that. If it's new call lester electrical and they will troubleshoot/send you a new part under warranty

jakesnake27 08-10-2017 07:45 PM

Yeah I may try and contact them. I'm just a little ticked that it's acting up after just a year. I've always heard good things from Lester.

yamahaguy97 08-10-2017 07:48 PM

it's kind of funny you mention this problem because last month I called them because a charger was doing the same thing. It was a digital Lester Links series charger, it worked great but flashed its red light. I called lester and the tech guy told me don't worry about it lol :-P

I'm not happy with them lately though because they have a habit of sending me the wrong parts!

jakesnake27 08-10-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 (Post 1419134)
it's kind of funny you mention this problem because last month I called them because a charger was doing the same thing. It was a digital Lester Links series charger, it worked great but flashed its red light. I called lester and the tech guy told me don't worry about it lol :-P

I'm not happy with them lately though because they have a habit of sending me the wrong parts!

Oh wow. Yeah I think the Links is basically the same charger as this one. I'll give them a ring tomorrow. Thanks :thumbup:

yamahaguy97 08-10-2017 07:55 PM

:thumbup:

jakesnake27 08-11-2017 12:20 PM

Just got off the phone with Lester, and WOW am I impressed. They are sending me a new AC circuit board free of charge. They said the TRIAC on the AC side goes bad, causing this fault. The new board apparently has an improved design to combat the issue. Now that's customer service. I'll get it installed and report back. :thumbup:

scottyb 08-11-2017 01:10 PM

Same service we see from DPI when a board goes bad. I guess I better check my Lester 2800 series on board and see if it's doing it - thanks for the heads up.

NoleFan4Ever 08-11-2017 01:10 PM

That goes a long way with me when I know they are doing the right thing and not nickle and diming me......

jakesnake27 08-11-2017 01:43 PM

I was impressed to say the least... :thumbup: