Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Workhorse bed latch (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=80032)

gcs13 05-11-2013 08:13 PM

Workhorse bed latch

I'm looking for a bed latch assembly that fits the plastic beds on a workhorse. I have bought a plastic bed that was on a workhorse but it didn't come with any hardware. I've built a frame to mount the bed to but I need the latch assembly. Does anybody know where I can buy a latch assembly? :help:

beater cart 05-11-2013 09:09 PM

Re: Workhorse bed latch

Is this what you are looking for?
74962G01 Bed Latch
$102.03

big mule 05-11-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcs13 (Post 880190)
I'm looking for a bed latch assembly that fits the plastic beds on a workhorse. I have bought a plastic bed that was on a workhorse but it didn't come with any hardware. I've built a frame to mount the bed to but I need the latch assembly. Does anybody know where I can buy a latch assembly? :help:

I've got one that I took off of a metal bed & may have one off a plastic bed as well; they are possibly the same for both the plastic & steel beds(?).

gcs13 05-11-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beater cart (Post 880207)
Is this what you are looking for?
74962G01 Bed Latch
$102.03

I looked at that on ez-go website and I think that is what I'm looking for. I need the hardware that mounts the latch also. I was hoping I could find a latch assembly used from somebody. I really didn't want to pay that much for a latch from a dealer.

gcs13 05-11-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big mule (Post 880213)
I've got one that I took off of a metal bed & may have one off a plastic bed as well; they are possibly the same for both the plastic & steel beds(?).

Check and see if you have one. If the price is right and you are willing to ship, I'll pay with paypal. Thanks, Greg

big mule 05-11-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcs13 (Post 880226)
Check and see if you have one. If the price is right and you are willing to ship, I'll pay with paypal. Thanks, Greg

Greg I will look tommorrow afternoon and let you know what I have.

beater cart 05-12-2013 07:14 AM

I hear you on the new price when I looked it up it kind of floored me. That's some good coin for such a small piece of steel.

BrewCityMusic 05-12-2013 10:47 AM

You should see what they want to replace the factory actuator for a dump bed *shakes head* ...

big mule 05-12-2013 03:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcs13 (Post 880226)

Ok Greg I checked and I do have a bed latch for both the steel & plastic dump beds and I was wrong on them being the same :oops:,the one for the plastic bed is longer & has a grip handle on each side.I'm including a couple of pics of the underside of my bed (one is the left side mounting bracket & the other is the center,the right side is identical to the left) so you can be sure it is the same bed as yours & some pics of the latch handle assembly & mounting hardware (excuse the quality of the pics).You can see there is a very small area of chrome plating loss near each of the latches but nothing that a quick spray of aluminum paint won't cure :mrgreen:.