Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Star and Fairplay (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Accessories (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=31476)

mlj427 04-09-2010 11:50 AM

Accessories

Has anyone found out what steering wheel adapter will work on a Star yet? Or what size lug nuts it uses? Has anyone found a bumper / brush guard that will fit? Will one for a ezgo adapt to fit?
Thanks
Mike

TejasStar 04-09-2010 09:01 PM

Re: Accessories

I believe the lug nuts are 12x1.25mm. Watch out on removing them, I was changing to turf tires to go golfing and had 2 of them spin and galled the heck out of my alloy wheel. I got one, finally, and broke the other off with a socket and extension. None of the lug nuts came off smoothly like they should. The lug bolts on mine had a notch to set against an inside rim. Never seen anything like it. I will probably be changing to 1/2 inch nuts and bolts as they are more of a press fit and will grind one side of the head flat like the stock bolts. Anyone know where I can get a reamer to smooth out the messed up lug nut seat?

golfcarfixer 04-09-2010 09:09 PM

Most everything on a star will interchange with an ezgo,I am a star dealer but the dealer you got it from should be able to get what you need.It is still a little experimental right now.:thumbup:

mlj427 04-09-2010 10:53 PM

Thanks for the input. My dealer is no help like I said before they sold one cart and thats it. I've had it for almost 5 months and still can't get a call back about my certificate of origin.
Thanks
Mike

GeoJoe 04-19-2010 08:52 PM

My stock Star wheels are about to be replaced. One tire is a bit "out of round" and since they are just the steel rims, I'm getting a new set. The original set goes to craigslist.

But already I've rotated the tires and no issues with the lugs. The steering wheel is next.

golfcarfixer 04-19-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlj427 (Post 390037)
Thanks for the input. My dealer is no help like I said before they sold one cart and thats it. I've had it for almost 5 months and still can't get a call back about my certificate of origin.
Thanks
Mike

You might try calling Star down in S.C. and ask for Jeff as he is the Northeast sales Rep.:thumbup:

mlj427 04-20-2010 10:56 AM

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to have to call it has a bounce or shake when you drive. Thought it was flat spotting on the tires from sitting but that normally will go away when you drive it. Maybe out of round or something bent or off center.
Thanks
Mike

GeoJoe 04-20-2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlj427 (Post 394816)
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to have to call it has a bounce or shake when you drive. Thought it was flat spotting on the tires from sitting but that normally will go away when you drive it. Maybe out of round or something bent or off center.
Thanks
Mike

Same deal on my cart. One wheel / tire has a shimmy. I've rotated it from driver side to passenger, then to the back-right... and still the cart has an annoying bounce. My dealer says... "well, these are golf cart tires, not $100 Michelins. (nice, eh?)

He offered to take a look at it, suggested I deflate it as much as possible and then inflate it to the extreme. After all that, still the same. Lame, but what do you expect? My total cost for a brand new cart is well under $2k after all the rebates, so I figure I can splurge on a new set of wheels / tires that I really like, instead of the stock steel wheels.

DOOmsman 04-20-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoJoe (Post 394846)
Same deal on my cart. One wheel / tire has a shimmy. I've rotated it from driver side to passenger, then to the back-right... and still the cart has an annoying bounce. My dealer says... "well, these are golf cart tires, not $100 Michelins. (nice, eh?)

He offered to take a look at it, suggested I deflate it as much as possible and then inflate it to the extreme. After all that, still the same. Lame, but what do you expect? My total cost for a brand new cart is well under $2k after all the rebates, so I figure I can splurge on a new set of wheels / tires that I really like, instead of the stock steel wheels.

The dealer got full boat they should stand behind it.

TejasStar 04-20-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOOmsman (Post 394860)
The dealer got full boat they should stand behind it.

These are also DOT tires and should be safe at higher speeds.