Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   blowing fuse on a 04 iq (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=50074)

godawgs 06-23-2011 01:33 PM

blowing fuse on a 04 iq

3/8 amp fuse behind charge port keeps blowing. I have traced all my wires, cant find any arcing. Reset obc that did cut off the blinking led, but as soon as i hooked charger up fuse blew again, light blinking again. Any help would be welcomed. dealer says charger is fine.

shadowman 06-23-2011 01:37 PM

Re: blowing fuse on a 04 iq

welcome to BGW, your talking about the one connected to the charge receptical right? under the clear plastic.........has anyone worked on cart?....if charger is fine maybe its in the receptical itself.........that can be replaced......you can also disconnect main power to cart and try cleaning the plug in contacts of receptical......not sure just how but if you can,t next best thing is to replace receptical........................8)

godawgs 06-23-2011 01:45 PM

Its in a yellow boot, seems to go to the obc. I will try replacing the receptacle, cant hurt.

Thanks

gaminde 06-23-2011 02:00 PM

Hold on first disconnect that wire to the OBC and do the jumper inside of the charger with a fused jumper (automotive store $2.00) if it charges then most likely it's the OBC.

godawgs 06-23-2011 02:09 PM

new to this the charger is a power drive 2 what wires am i jumping

gaminde 06-23-2011 02:17 PM

Inside the charger there is RELAY it is not called a SOLENOID (you will be hung if you call it a solenoid because a parts person will get confused along with every one else) sorry nothing to do with you.
I will see if there is a sticky for you, or if someone else has the link to the other thread handy for him.

hang on or search for charger or jumping charger

gaminde 06-23-2011 02:19 PM

first open the charger and put an ohm meter across the coil of the RELAY see if it is shorted.

UNPLUG THE CHARGER FIRST BOTH ENDS

gaminde 06-23-2011 02:22 PM

the wire you are disconnecting is there for the OBC to ground the relay in the charger and this allows the charger to operate.
you will be jumping this ground to bypass the OBC check the relay first with ohm meter.

gaminde 06-23-2011 02:31 PM

this should help

shadowman 06-23-2011 02:35 PM

gaminde no one hung you bud...lighten up and if you read his 1st post he said fuse on charge receptical...............but you know what i,ll back out you handle it.........................8)