Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KF82 Carb. rebuild kit (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=50894)

jpmcdo 07-07-2011 09:39 PM

KF82 Carb. rebuild kit

Where could I find a carb. rebuild kit? My 1985 DS runs ok but is a bit dogy. I did remove and clean the carb as one of my first tasks in getting it running. But when I took the needles from the bowl, they were stuck together. I have been running sea foam in the gas and will stop after I get thtough my second tank full. But I was thinking if I could get new carb parts that might help out as well. I have rebuilt small engine carbs before but wondered where I could pick up a KF 82 carb rebuild kit.

Thanks,

Jim

lockman1 07-08-2011 05:02 AM

Re: KF82 Carb. rebuild kit

http://www.easydoesitcustoms.com/car...ct.php?id=9856

Or, you could check with any of BGW's other fine sponsors!

:thumbup:

jpmcdo 07-08-2011 07:25 AM

Thank you

crash12888 07-08-2011 10:55 AM

Pick up a gallon can of the "Gunk" brand carb cleaner at any auto parts store.
It even comes with a little basket.
Tear it down, soak it for two hours, rinse with water then blow out with air.
The reason to rinse with water first is blowing carb cleaner or any liquid atomizes it and breathing it or getting it on good paint or in eyes is not good!
I usually don't bother with kits unless you see a bad wear ring around the needle tip.
The cleaner will remove all of the varnish causing it to stick.

RudeJoe 07-08-2011 11:06 AM

I'm thinking about tearing down the carb on my '89 to see if it helps the performance. If I do this what are the settings I should start with after its back together? Mine is a KF-82 engine I believe. Thanks!

jpmcdo 07-08-2011 11:43 AM

Thanks, I did tear the carb down and cleaned the varnish out but know there is still some there. For examole the needle in the bowl is two parts. I couldn't get those apart wihou damaging them. I blew all the needles out, put everything together andthe cart works, but is sluggish. By the way, before you pull the needle out tighten it gently and count the turns 2.5 is close to right. Then take it out. That's the easiest way to figure out the setting but somone else here may know a better way.

Unthinking that if I rebuild the carb, I'm getting fresh parts that dont have 25 years of wear.

Sams 07-30-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmcdo (Post 590287)
By the way, before you pull the needle out tighten it gently and count the turns 2.5 is close to right.

I read it was 1.5... Now which is it?

invalidsession 07-30-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sams (Post 600668)
I read it was 1.5... Now which is it?

1.5 is a good starting point but it may require some fine tuning.

Chris.

jpmcdo 08-01-2011 07:47 AM

I'm pretty sure mine ended up being 2.5 but that could be someone else's setting. The cart is a 1985 and has had at least two Previous owners. The cart seems to work fine. A bit slow and it does tend to take off at first then slow which I'm sure is the gov. or rev. limiter. Before I took the carb apart I slowly closed the needle and counted. I've also been running seafoam in the gas and using premium gas. No ethanol in premium to gum things up. I'm on my second tank of gas since buying the cart. I will not put the sea foam in the next tank.