Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   6" Lift = Swapping Brake Assemblies? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=157012)

i.weber 09-10-2019 12:41 AM

6" Lift = Swapping Brake Assemblies?

Getting ready to tackle a allsports 6" a-arm lift on my 15 precedent. Been reading that a break assembly swap my be required. Anyone shed any light on this for me before I start pulling it apart?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hit it like a champ 09-10-2019 06:30 AM

Re: 6" Lift = Swapping Brake Assemblies?

It was time consuming for me the only issue i had was that there was a 3’’ Jakes lift kit on my 14 precedent which had a different top plate over the lift block. I had to order the stock plate to switch sides and flip upside down.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-10-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i.weber (Post 1651663)
Getting ready to tackle a allsports 6" a-arm lift on my 15 precedent. Been reading that a break assembly swap my be required. Anyone shed any light on this for me before I start pulling it apart?

2015 Precedent is gonna have those new style spring retainer plates with the 90 degree bend in them. It's not gonna work like the old style stuff. You'll need to order two of the old style spring plates or just install the longer brake cable on the driver's side. They make a cable just for that purpose now.

i.weber 09-10-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1651885)
2015 Precedent is gonna have those new style spring retainer plates with the 90 degree bend in them. It's not gonna work like the old style stuff. You'll need to order two of the old style spring plates or just install the longer brake cable on the driver's side. They make a cable just for that purpose now.

So when Allsports tells you their 6" lift "comes with everything you need", I guess they missed this! [emoji23] Anyone have a link to the cable from a site sponsor?

TahoeDawgZ71 09-10-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i.weber (Post 1651887)
So when Allsports tells you their 6" lift "comes with everything you need", I guess they missed this! [emoji23] Anyone have a link to the cable from a site sponsor?

It's not just All-Sports. It's all brands. None of them include this cable with their kits, although they should. I see you found the cable on our site. Thanks for your order. It'll ship tomorrow morning.

i.weber 09-10-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 (Post 1651897)
It's not just All-Sports. It's all brands. None of them include this cable with their kits, although they should. I see you found the cable on our site. Thanks for your order. It'll ship tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all your help! Didn't realize you were the site sponsor. Glad I got to order from the right place.