Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Design Center (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   front ATV suspension build (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=89642)

Xlthim 01-19-2014 08:09 AM

front ATV suspension build

Im putting a Suzuki atv front suspension in my EzGo and was wondering what you guys are using for coil over shocks.

slonomo 01-19-2014 10:08 PM

Re: front ATV suspension build

I'd try the Suzuki front shocks if you have them. I grafted a Warrior front end into my G1, used the Warrior shocks and they worked pretty good. I ended up swapping them out for Suzuki LTZ400 front shocks and am much happier with them. I have contemplated using Rhino shocks, but just can't seem to find a good deal on some. My current setup could used a little stiffer springs, but they do work well.

Unforgiven 01-20-2014 10:02 AM

I had Rhino shocks on my Cushman and maxed out the adjustment. Very soft, good ride, return rate wasn't the best. But the ole Cushman Hawk was a heavy girl. One I'm working on now I'm putting a 300ex honda, they going to be soft also. I may try to find some on ebay, I've seen a few members have luck with them. May try to move the shocks out closer to tires, that changes the ratio of them.

Xlthim 01-21-2014 09:42 AM

thanks for the replies. I am a little concerned about the weight. I plan to fab a front basket to hold gear and perhaps a deer. Have had two on the back with no problem. Only issue is limited traction up front.

slonomo 01-21-2014 10:07 AM

Sport ATV front.ends aren't designed to handle that kind of weight. You may have problems with hubs bearings and bushings.

Xlthim 01-21-2014 01:15 PM

That shouldn't be a problem all of that has been redone. the Hubs are from my previous Jakes Lift kit.

dubs27 01-21-2014 04:39 PM

I used the hole ltz400 front end under my ez-go. I had to put bigger springs on the stock coil overs to get the lift I needed

Xlthim 01-24-2014 08:20 AM

So far the atv frame is bolted under the cart. I have had to do some modifications to the top A arms. I have had to lengthen the mounting brackets because Suzuki's A arms are different sizes. Now I am working on the shock mounts.
I was able to get a good deal on a set of shocks from a local Motorcycle/ATV mechanic, only problem is they are longer so I am also modifying the mounts on the A arms.

Hope to have it up and running later on this afternoon.

mrgreenheads 01-24-2014 08:24 AM

In process of doing same thing I have the motor and rear drive in so far ... Could you post pics of your front setup I am doing it next on my old 85 marathon

L I'll B M R Dux

Xlthim 01-24-2014 08:29 AM

I try to get some pictures up later. I have the day off and plan to go out to the shop in a little while. Only problem is its 8 degrees here in Central VA this morning.