Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   All things Lithium (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=159587)

Captaintv 12-16-2019 02:26 PM

Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

I’ve been told it’s a 51v pack 105ah for $1795 on Facebook page “golf carts modified”, that’s charger and BMS.

Just wondering if anyone has actually installed it?

Jkerle 12-16-2019 05:00 PM

Re: Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captaintv (Post 1676122)
I’ve been told it’s a 51v pack 105ah for $1795 on Facebook page “golf carts modified”, that’s charger and BMS.

Just wondering if anyone has actually installed it?

I'm guessing you saw Jerry's post on GCMod? We paired it with a Navitas 5kw AC kit.

It runs pretty well. The same cart with new Trojans went 0-20mph in 5.9 seconds. After installing the RoyPow pack it ran 0-20 in just over 3 seconds. Major power boost however its not as powerful as a diy lithium setup. The RoyPow pack is limited to 250amps discharge. If you go over that the pack shuts down to protect it.

It's a pretty good buy, if I wasnt as electrically inclined as I am I would definitely consider it. It comes with a 5 year warranty too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Captaintv 12-16-2019 06:11 PM

Yea that’s what I’m referring to.

I could figure out how to do a DIY kit I just don’t have the time.

Looking a doing this lithium setup with a 5kw ac kit also.

Will have 25” tires and want at least 20 mile range with enough torque to go through mud climb ditches without bogging down.

Captaintv 12-16-2019 06:14 PM

I just wondered if anyone has actually purchased any from him before I send him $1800.

Jkerle 12-16-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captaintv (Post 1676156)
Yea that’s what I’m referring to.

I could figure out how to do a DIY kit I just don’t have the time.

Looking a doing this lithium setup with a 5kw ac kit also.

Will have 25” tires and want at least 20 mile range with enough torque to go through mud climb ditches without bogging down.

You'll easily check all those boxes with that setup. After a little tuning we were able to get it to pop a 6in wheelie on 23in tires.

AC kits dont provide the low end torque that a DC motor does but they have great mid range torque. Pulling hills and such wont be an issue.

It takes a while to get those packs in. The one he is running took 4 or 5 weeks to get.

Hit it like a champ 12-30-2019 11:53 AM

250amps discharge? What would the discharge amps be for a normal 6 8v watered pack

Jkerle 12-30-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hit it like a champ (Post 1678941)
250amps discharge? What would the discharge amps be for a normal 6 8v watered pack

Depends on the batteries capacity and quality but 500-600 plus peak amps is do able probably more in some cases.They wont sustain it but in quick bursts like accelerating they can.

Hit it like a champ 12-30-2019 01:34 PM

That is a good price for lithium though I would like to have it just to cut the weight down. When these batteries go i am switching to something like this. I know this would void the Warranty but there has to be a way to eliminate that safety that limits the amp rate or some way to increase it. I am trying to keep up with the lithium talk here so i am prepared when the time comes. So far i think this is the best option for me. I watched some if the lithium builds and its way over my head. Thanks for the reply

bronsonj 12-31-2019 01:56 PM

When you do this, you might want to try it on your stock DC motor and controller before spending coin on the AC setup. You may find you like the performance on DC. Plus if you do the AC conversion later you'll know separately what performance improvement was due to the lith pack and what was due to the Navitas.

I bought the 300 amp alltrax and still run the stock TXT48 motor on my 57.6v lith pack, with 23" tires I can pull a big fat wheelie on flat pavement without issue. The most I've pulled in the very limited logs I captured was something like 289 amps on accel. With the weight loss you don't need as many amps to accelerate.

Captaintv 01-01-2020 09:11 PM

Good idea.
Thanks.

Picking up a 2 year old Beast 48 golf cart this week, it has a 600amp Navitas controller and 15.9hp D&D motor.

Will be getting lithium’s around tax time.