Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   ?? How To: Change the Drive Belt & Starter Belt (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=45501)

probablecause 03-14-2011 10:10 PM

?? How To: Change the Drive Belt & Starter Belt

What is the best way to get the old belt off (without cutting it off) and to get the new one on? Should I just spin it and rotate it off with a screwdriver acting as a lever until it comes off or is there some sort of tensioner that I need to loosen? I know there is a tension bolt for the starter belt but not too sure on the drive belt. Thanks, Brendan

kgsc 03-14-2011 10:34 PM

Re: ?? How To: Change the Drive Belt & Starter Belt

Quote:

Originally Posted by probablecause (Post 534972)
What is the best way to get the old belt off (without cutting it off) and to get the new one on? Should I just spin it and rotate it off with a screwdriver acting as a lever until it comes off or is there some sort of tensioner that I need to loosen? I know there is a tension bolt for the starter belt but not too sure on the drive belt. Thanks, Brendan

First turn off the key.. hit the gas to make sure it doesn't try to start. If not, lock the brake and proceed. The main drive belt should come off like you stated but be careful not to gouge the rear clutch with the screw driver. The starter belt does have a tensioner.

Keep the old ones as spares in the cart.

Chevrxv 09-17-2012 10:03 PM

Any ideas for the rxv

Indivisible 09-18-2012 06:17 AM

Did mine (94 gas marathon) yesterday-key off, left in neutral, drive belt (which was old and stretched but totally functional) was a joke and walked right off- Starter belt did have tension rod and a couple nuts which had to loosen- still wasn't enough, so I cut the old belt off- new one went on in 30 seconds after that- why don't you want to cut it?

kgsc 09-18-2012 08:57 AM

No mechanical reason but on the starter belt you will need to adjust it anyway and it is nice to have a spare when something snags it and it breaks out in the woods.. Been there.. I actually want to find one of those make a belt deals like they use on saws. Like rubber links that interlock and stretch. Would be a good backup to carry. May not be perfect but it would get you home

burglar8 06-15-2014 04:11 PM

have a 2013 Gas EZGO TXT Starter Belt is Fraid How to take Off and Replace??

mcdave71 06-16-2014 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You need to loosen the double nuts on the tensioning rod and the two nuts and bolts at the pivot point. Then you can remove the starter belt.
Quote:

Originally Posted by burglar8 (Post 1041089)
have a 2013 Gas EZGO TXT Starter Belt is Fraid How to take Off and Replace??