Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need a new speed motor - STAT (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147749)

Dela 11-10-2018 03:04 PM

Need a new speed motor - STAT

I blew my motor today - was totally expecting to do so, but it still sucks

Was running the Admiral, and while I overran it to cause it to blow - I'd like to try a new motor. Had a D&D in my previous cart which I did like a lot, but wanted to know of any other recommendations.

I have a TXT48 with Altrax 500 and a 400 solenoid. Mainly street and golf course driving.

Want speed and enough torque for my oversized tires, lift and rear seat.

Also need it by Thursday (4 days) - any recs you can all give I'd appreciate

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...l-motor-2.html

agpfl 11-10-2018 11:56 PM

Re: Need a new speed motor - STAT

I can't help with a recommendation, but I have a D&D you can borrow if you are in a pinch.

kgsc 11-11-2018 08:05 AM

If you want custom built you are pretty much sol. But most sponsors here have shipping locations on this coast so if it went out tomorrow you should get it in time if they have it stock.

Dela 11-11-2018 03:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by agpfl (Post 1558574)
I can't help with a recommendation, but I have a D&D you can borrow if you are in a pinch.

👆👆👆 dude!! 👆👆👆

This right here epitomizes what’s so great about this BGW community.

Such a nice offer, mucho appreciato

I threw the original motor in for now, trying to have patience - don’t need to be doing 35 again right away, just need to be able to play in an upcoming tournament next week. And using a rental cart really screws up my swing :lhmo:

Took some pics of the damage - posted on another thread as well, but going to take in the motor to a local electric motor repair shop and see what they can do.

Looks to be just the coils - 2 of 4 were toasted.

Man this thing stinks - the burn smell wills not go away.

scottyb 11-11-2018 06:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Program the stock TXT48-V5 map in the controller for that motor or you will have 2 failed motors.

Dela 11-13-2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1558775)
Program the stock TXT48-V5 map in the controller for that motor or you will have 2 failed motors.

Thank you Scotty!!

Fairtax4me 11-13-2018 02:14 PM

Kinda looks like it overheated and either melted or twisted the brush holder. The brush tension springs shorted to the case.

Does it run with the new motor? Kinda surprised if that didn't cook the controller.

Dela 11-13-2018 02:33 PM

Yea repair shop - took it to an armature builder - said armature is fine, just the brush coils fried. He thinks he can repair, so we’ll see.

Scotty and johnnie were spot on, DO NOT exceed 6000 rpm , my guinea pig didn’t last long!!

scottyb 11-13-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairtax4me (Post 1559385)
Kinda looks like it overheated and either melted or twisted the brush holder. The brush tension springs shorted to the case.

Does it run with the new motor? Kinda surprised if that didn't cook the controller.

The new XCT and SR controls from Alltrax have reverse polarity protection on both the input and output. In the past this would have taken the old model Alltrax controller out. It probably would have fried any of the competition

Dela 11-13-2018 02:36 PM

Yup alltrax is solid, no issues at all. Running the old motor just fine