Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Another Club car vs Ez-go thread...different years (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=86181)

Lrdchaos 09-30-2013 12:31 PM

Another Club car vs Ez-go thread...different years

I am looking at purchasing a 2007 club car Prec. or a 2009 ezgo rxv. I have searched the forums trying to come up with a general idea on both carts. The 2007 will have new batteries and come with 90 day warranty on the cart and 1 year on the batteries. The rxv has no warranty and the batteries are 2-3 years old. Both are roughly the same price. Would you pick the newer car over an older car? The Club is going to be built by Justice Golf cart company, the RXV was built buy some small business that sells them. Thanks in advance.

93yellowclubcar 09-30-2013 12:41 PM

Re: Another Club car vs Ez-go thread...different years

Welcome to BGW! IMO, go with the Club Car. It has warranty and new batteries. The RXV is a little newer, but the batteries are, depending on how they've been cared for, nearing 1/2 of their lifespan, and it has no warranty. Age isn't too big of a factor in my book, which is why I say go with the CC.

And this is in the CC section, we may be a little biased... :mrgreen:

Storm S 09-30-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar (Post 937543)

:iagree:

Budule 09-30-2013 12:49 PM

What's an ez-go?

beau 09-30-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

The rxv has no warranty and the batteries are 2-3 years old.
I would consider those batteries spent when considering price. You have no idea what their condition is. Negotiate at least some room for new batts.

crash test dummy 09-30-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93yellowclubcar (Post 937543)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Storm S (Post 937545)

BTW .... http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...2962/howdy.gifwelcome to BGW

scottginfla 09-30-2013 01:46 PM

:sign3: same here

I bet if you posted this in the ez go forum you would get the same thing the other way

RPatten 09-30-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottginfla (Post 937569)
:sign3: same here

I bet if you posted this in the ez go forum you would get the same thing the other way

Just because they are ez go doesn't mean they don't recognize value.

TahoeDawgZ71 09-30-2013 08:38 PM

I'll make an attempt at giving you an unbiased opinion... I don't deal with EZGOs on a regular basis but I'll tell you what I think every time I get on one...

Wow this thing rides like a Cadillac, it's so soft. But it handles like a dump truck. Body roll is FAR worse on an EZGO due to a softer suspension. I'm not a fan. If you're gonna speed your vehicle up, which most people do, you'll want to keep the body roll at a minimum. Lifted cars amplify this even worse. I've got a 2006 Precedent with 23" tires and it'll scoot around at 35MPH and is perfectly stable and comfortable to drive around corners.

Brakes,
Club Car brakes are better than any brakes I've ever seen on any other major golf car manufacturer's vehicle.

EZGO TXT or older, This is probably the area that I hate the most about EZGO carts. The pedal is sooo soft and has a terrible braking feel. It's "Squishy" feeling. Go drive one, you'll see what I mean. And then drive a DS or a Precedent, Night and Day.

EZGO RXV cars use an AC drive system, which also incorporates the braking via the motor. There are no physical "Brakes" on this vehicle. It's an electronic feature that defaults itself into the locked position when the batteries go dead. EZGO guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but if this thing goes dead, how do you tow it if there's energy required to "Unlock" the motor brake. One positive I can say is that this braking "feel" is better than the TXT in my opinion. I just don't like the concept. The AC drive system is strong and performs efficiently, but I've heard people complain about motor whining.

The Precedent wins if you ask me, but I advise you to gather other opinions as well. My opinion on EZGO is just that, an opinion. But I'm backing it by many years experience in the cart business.

crash test dummy 09-30-2013 08:52 PM

the Dawg has spoken http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/q...in_anbeten.gif