Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   need advice on buying a 1993 club car DS charger (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=158622)

horrytan 11-04-2019 01:45 PM

need advice on buying a 1993 club car DS charger

I'm helping a family friend who needs to replace the battery charger (the transformer is bad). She has a 1993 Club Car DS (36V) with an Accu Power 536R charger. I don't think Accu Power exists anymore and I know she doesn't need a top-of-the-line charger. Any recommendations on what and where to buy a good new/used charger that she could use?

NoleFan4Ever 11-04-2019 09:14 PM

Re: need advice on buying a 1993 club car DS charger

Carts Unlimted use to have a some Yewey's but I did not see them when I just looked. I only saw the Summit II's. You can check with him.

Here is some from eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/36-Volt-18A...gAAOSw-Ihdib4~ You will want the 15-18 amp range. The 5 amp are too small.

horrytan 11-05-2019 02:59 PM

Thanks for your help. I've never worked on a golf carts before and I don't know what's considered a good brand or a brand to stay away from. Lester seems to be a really good brand but I know a Summit II is overkill for her needs. BTW, I hope I'm not showing my ignorance here, but on a crowfoot connector, is the polarity of the connector standard or do I have to be sure I get a charger with the correct polarity?

Mooncarter 11-05-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrytan (Post 1667303)
Thanks for your help. I've never worked on a golf carts before and I don't know what's considered a good brand or a brand to stay away from. Lester seems to be a really good brand but I know a Summit II is overkill for her needs. BTW, I hope I'm not showing my ignorance here, but on a crowfoot connector, is the polarity of the connector standard or do I have to be sure I get a charger with the correct polarity?

Just get one that is the correct voltage and has the proper plug on it for the cart.

I recently bought a MODZ MAX from our site sponsor Golf Cart King, but I think several sponsors sell them. 15 amp, fully automatic, around 200 bucks.

I use it every day. So far it has been great.

NoleFan4Ever 11-05-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrytan (Post 1667303)

They are "supposed" to be standard in regards to the Pos/Neg orientation.

rick2gun 11-07-2019 06:32 PM

Check out Accusense chargers. My 32 YO Lester gave up the ghost. Found it on Amazon for about 300.00 with free shipping.

horrytan 11-07-2019 11:45 PM

Thanks for all the info. I showed her all 3 chargers (Accusense, Modz Max & the one on ebay) and she chose the Modz Max. I was kinda pushing her towards the one on ebay mainly because I'm curious as to how well that charger would hold up over time.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to help me out here because I had no idea of what charger to look for.

Mooncarter 11-07-2019 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horrytan (Post 1668004)
Thanks for all the info. I showed her all 3 chargers (Accusense, Modz Max & the one on ebay) and she chose the Modz Max. I was kinda pushing her towards the one on ebay mainly because I'm curious as to how well that charger would hold up over time.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to help me out here because I had no idea of what charger to look for.

:thumbup: Hope it works well for her. Mine has. It is lightweight and well built.