Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2001 Club car computer (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=15425)

bulge 04-16-2009 03:48 PM

2001 Club car computer

I have a 2001 club car and there is no power. I took it in and it appears I might need a new computer. Has anyone had this problem or had to replace the computer? does anyone know how much or where to get one?

GLEEMO 04-17-2009 07:52 AM

Re: 2001 Club car computer

Hey bulge , no problem one of the experts will be along soon to help.
Meanwhile , a little more info would be nice ?
Model , year , when it happened, was anything replaced ...etc.

bulge 04-17-2009 09:12 AM

the serial # starts as A0102 so I assumed it is a 2001. it is a Club car. all the cables are clean and the batteries are fully charged. The problem is there is just no power. the mechanic that looked at checked out the (2) Solenoids and I think the Micro swith, but not positive. he said he thinks it might be the onboard computer. it sat all winter long and worked fine prior to winter.

GLEEMO 04-17-2009 09:44 AM

Do you have a Voltmeter and know how to Use it ?

bulge 04-17-2009 09:50 AM

I can get one. what should I check once I get it?

phasetim 04-17-2009 02:49 PM

The computer has a lockout circuit to help prevent the car from driving off while the charger is plugged in. It feeds negative to the small yellow solenoid wire when the charger is unplugged. The computer may be stuck in the lockout mode. You could bypass it by jumping a wire from that solenoid post to the b- post on your battery system.

Only do that if you have a physical handle for forward and reverse (not a button). Jumping the others systems causes smoke and a broken controller.

If that fixes the car, I still recommend getting a new computer. The charging side will soon follow.

bulge 04-21-2009 07:11 AM

I checked everything possible with the voltmeter and all problems lead to the controller. is there a way to rebuild or take apart the controller to see what might be fried or broken?

shadowman 04-21-2009 05:06 PM

will the cart take a charge? while controllers do go bad its much more common for the computer to go out, where did you take it that they told you computer was bad?...................................8)

bulge 04-22-2009 10:17 AM

yes it takes a charge. we have checked with the voltmeter, all the batteries, both solenoids. we have not checked the vglide or microswith or the tow/run swith. I can get we swapped sides with the solenoids and still nothing. it would appear the power does not go past the solenoids so not sure it it is the controller or the computer. it sat all winter and the postive cable from the batter to the solenoid corroded and I replaced the terminal. Im stuck!

phasetim 04-22-2009 12:15 PM

with the key on, pedal down and car in forward what voltage are you getting on the small terminals of the solenoid on driver side? Put one lead on one small terminal, the other lead on the other small terminal.