Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2002 DS will not run, no back up alarm, no solenoid click (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=158395)

jeffg1010 10-27-2019 10:30 AM

2002 DS will not run, no back up alarm, no solenoid click

I can hear the mcor making a clicking sound when I push the pedal. The backup alarm does not sound when you put it in reverse. I cannot hear the solenoid click.

Ive tried troubleshooting with a few used parts I have laying around but nothing worked. Any fresh ideas to get me back on the right track?

Batteries are brand new

movin-on 10-27-2019 11:01 AM

Re: 2002 DS will not run, no back up alarm, no solenoid click

Sounds like the obc lockout has failed...Look at the stickies on how to by pass it and see if it runs...

nickdalzell1 10-27-2019 07:52 PM

We had one do this once and even though the MCOR clicked which usually means good micro switch 90% the time, swapping the wiring for a known good MCOR made the car run. Had nothing to do with OBC in that case (I even tested by jumping solenoid small post negative to B- at the pack which bypasses it)

Does your car have a run/tow switch? that can fail too.

jeffg1010 10-28-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movin-on (Post 1664770)
Sounds like the obc lockout has failed...Look at the stickies on how to by pass it and see if it runs...

Wait, this is a 2002, I don't believe it has an OBC? If so, where is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 (Post 1664872)
We had one do this once and even though the MCOR clicked which usually means good micro switch 90% the time, swapping the wiring for a known good MCOR made the car run. Had nothing to do with OBC in that case (I even tested by jumping solenoid small post negative to B- at the pack which bypasses it)

I ordered a new mcor today to give it a shot. Otherwise, I may try the run/tow switch

nickdalzell1 10-29-2019 07:30 AM

OBC is on all 48V cars, only went away in 2014 when the garbage ERIC system was put in place.

all 36V DS cars have a standard AccuPower/Lestronic charger with the charging guts all in the charger.

movin-on 10-30-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 (Post 1664872)

Would a a bad mcor cause the reverse buzzer not to work...

Sergio 10-30-2019 11:48 AM

The MCOR has nothing to do with the reverse buzzer, the issue is most likely the OBC lockout.

jeffg1010 11-04-2019 07:18 PM

I changed the OBC out with one from another cart. Not 100% sure the other one was good but it didn't fix the issue.

Sergio 11-04-2019 07:37 PM

You should have just by-passed the OBC lockout to test it.

Do You have a Regen cart with the 23-pin Controller connector?

if so disconnect the OBC 6-pin connector and place a large paper clip or stiff wire to jump the Blue and the White wires together on the harness side connector.

jeffg1010 11-06-2019 06:22 PM

Tested the obc using a paper clip but no luck. Assuming I did it correctly! Any other thoughts? No sound from the backup beeper.