Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Overall lift Height (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=150368)

Ash 02-23-2019 07:18 AM

Overall lift Height

1 Attachment(s)
New to the forum and golf carts.
My question is, what would overall height be after 4" lift(top of the roof)? I have a low garage door and want to make sure it fits. I though maybe just a 2" lift and a little bit bigger tire, but I haven't seen that size lift for sale.

Just picked up this cart last week. Put new Trojan batteries in it a couple days ago and noticed it was slow. After some research it seems that it could be the speed sensor, so ordered it and should be in today.

Just going to use this to cruise campgrounds and neighborhood roads.

Ash

lockman1 02-23-2019 07:34 AM

Re: Overall lift Height

Welcome to BGW Ash! :thumbup:

You might want to measure the garage opening (from the bottom of the open door to the ground)
and the size of tires your considering, then post it here,
Most garage door openings (at least in my area) average around 6'-8" high,
carts with a 6" lift, and 22" tires have no problem fitting in my garage!

:wink:

Ash 02-23-2019 07:38 AM

Great idea! lol I'll check when I get home today.

Ash

meimk 02-23-2019 08:14 AM

The lift raises the cart from the axle center line. Then the tires will add half the diameter difference: going from 18" tires to 22" tires is 4" difference in diameter, but half of that is into the wheel wells (which the lift will already raise) so your difference would be raising the axle centerline 2" off the ground. If you're thinking a 4" difference maybe a 3" lift and 20" tires?

mrgolf 02-23-2019 09:04 AM

My storage building has a standard 7 ft door. My cart has a 4 inch lift with 22 inch tires. I have about 6-8 inch clearance.

Ash 02-23-2019 05:23 PM

Thanks for the responses. More clearance than I thought. Time to start accessorizing. :thumbup:

Ash

Brob1969 02-23-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ash (Post 1590095)
Thanks for the responses. More clearance than I thought. Time to start accessorizing. :thumbup:

Ash

Post pictures as you go along. I love to see the build threads.

hunter99 02-26-2019 09:44 PM

I have a common residential garage door opening. My cart has a 6" lift, 23" tires on 14" wheels and measures 76" to the very top of the roof. I fit in my garage opening by about an inch.