Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   2014 RXV speed upgrade (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=145620)

Rcmay 08-28-2018 10:14 PM

2014 RXV speed upgrade

I have a completely stock 2014 RXV w/ brand new Trojan batteries. The dealer told me that they “turned it up”. I GPS’d it today and I am only getting 12mph. What can I do to make it faster? This is my first post and my first cart!

cgtech 08-29-2018 01:03 AM

Re: 2014 RXV speed upgrade

Lol, it's "totally turned up". A stock Rxv with "freedom mode" enabled should do 19mph on stock 18" tall turf tires That's with no tricky mods done. You should ask them once to fix it, and if it's not resolved, never deal with them again. There are better options for stock setups. You have not given much details, like what size tires are on it, lift & offroad and such.

cgtech 08-29-2018 01:23 AM

They must enable "freedom mode", that will get you 19mph. If you bought a rebuilt fleet/golf course cart, you shouldn't expect speeds above 12ish. For them to enable higher speeds, they need the "passkey", which costs them money to use. (An expensive chip that only works 20 times before it stops). Don't expect that to be free, it isn't free for them either. I know this because I'm Ezgo certified. There are other (cheaper) options, but they are "computer stuff" that is not for the faint of heart, and shouldn't be done by the rookie.

Rcmay 08-29-2018 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1536085)
Lol, it's "totally turned up". A stock Rxv with "freedom mode" enabled should do 19mph on stock 18" tall turf tires That's with no tricky mods done. You should ask them once to fix it, and if it's not resolved, never deal with them again. There are better options for stock setups. You have not given much details, like what size tires are on it, lift & offroad and such.

M
It’s completely stock with 18” tall turf tires with no lift. How do enable freedom mode?

usgicollector 08-29-2018 07:02 AM

It takes a EZGO passkey and a Curtis handheld to program it to 19 mph. Unless Bob chimes in and helps...:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo:

Rcmay 08-29-2018 12:54 PM

Any way to get in touch with Bob? I’d like to send him my stuff to let him program it.

kgsc 08-29-2018 01:02 PM

I’m sure his ears are burning so he should chime in soon. :lhmo:

I swear he has something setup such that when a question about rxvs pop up he gets a message :mrgreen:

Where are you located?

Rcmay 08-29-2018 01:04 PM

Spanish Fort, AL

BobBoyce 08-29-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rcmay (Post 1536223)
Spanish Fort, AL

Hey there Rcmay

I can reprogram your Curtis controller to give you better performance and speed. You would document your current installation with photos, so you can see how to put it all back together afterwards. Remove the controller and send it to me via Priority Mail in a 11" X 8.5" X 5.5" Medium Flat Rate box, wrapped in packing material. Postage is only $13.65 each way. You would pay for postage both ways and I will reprogram it for you and return it via Priority Mail. There is no charge for this service, since you are a member of the forum. When you get at least one more post made here, you will be able to send and receive PMs (Private Messages). I'll send you the address to mail it to and instructions on what to include in the box with the controller.

Bob

BobBoyce 08-29-2018 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgsc (Post 1536222)
I’m sure his ears are burning so he should chime in soon. :lhmo:

I swear he has something setup such that when a question about rxvs pop up he gets a message :mrgreen:

Where are you located?

Naaa, I just try to check for new messages about RXVs a couple of times a day, unless I am on the road travelling to reprogram or diagnose carts... :lol: