Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cart goes 10 feet and stops (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=119257)

Whatcop? 06-10-2016 11:07 AM

Cart goes 10 feet and stops

I have a 2003 club car with regen and it's the sepex I.Q. system. I believe the cart got zapped by lightning while charging. The cart will go approximately 10 feet and then stop. After about 10 minutes it will repeat the process. I replaced the solenoid and the issue continues. I'd assume it's the controller but I'm not sure.

scottyb 06-10-2016 11:12 AM

Re: Cart goes 10 feet and stops

I'm not saying your's is the same..... but your post gave me a flashback to the worst cart I ever owned. Same yr. Same cart...did something very similar. We replaced every component in the cart..... finally a wire harness replacement fixed the dang thing. I'm guessing ours had a bad sonic weld ?

Some real help will be along shortly :thumbup:

Sergio 06-10-2016 11:41 AM

While we wait for the "real help" :mrgreen:...

When the cart is not working, put the FNR in reverse, if the buzzer does not work, the problem is the OBC lockout.
Remove the OBC 6-pin connector and put a jumper between the White and the Blue wires on the harness connector
If the buzzer works, it could be the MCOR micro-switch failing.
Remove the 2-pin connector from the MCOR and put a large paper clip on the harness connector.

jjance 06-10-2016 11:52 AM

I'm thinking along the line of bad battery voltage. Measure your battery voltage.

scottyb 06-10-2016 12:47 PM

I'm thinking arson :lol:

mjroman20 06-10-2016 01:08 PM

SABBOTAGE?! dun dun dunnnnn.

I would agree with the OBC issue..those things are such a pain.

I would also check pins 9 and 5 on the controller. at the very least the two of those need to have battery volts (or at least 20v) to power the control up. From that point you can troubleshoot with a handset if you have access to one.

Whatcop? 06-10-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio (Post 1283729)
While we wait for the "real help" :mrgreen:...

When the cart is not working, put the FNR in reverse, if the buzzer does not work, the problem is the OBC lockout.
Remove the OBC 6-pin connector and put a jumper between the White and the Blue wires on the harness connector
If the buzzer works, it could be the MCOR micro-switch failing.
Remove the 2-pin connector from the MCOR and put a large paper clip on the harness connector.

Has buzzer sound in reverse with key off or on.

mjroman20 06-10-2016 01:55 PM

Try this then, with the cart in neutral, tow/run on, key on. Push the cart by hand. It should roll a foot or so then become difficult to move. At this point the reverse buzzer should go off. If not, then you may have a speed sensor issue.

Sergio 06-10-2016 02:09 PM

A speed sensor failure would cause the cart to run at 50% power...

The cart engaging the "roll-away" brake will verify the controller is getting power on Pin-9 and that it has Field driver control and at least the ability to short the armature driver.

Those earlier IQ carts also had a "main-dropout" issue, but that recovers after a pedal cycle.

Here is a diagram for Your cart:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ds_iq_mcor.jpg
The MCOR micro-switch failure is the next best possible cause for Your condition.

TahoeDawgZ71 06-10-2016 02:16 PM

I'm thinking it's an MCOR issue. Locate the MCOR beneath the floorboard on the passenger side of the cart. Do not mess with the triangle 3-pin connector. Un-plug the two pin square plug from the MCOR and make a jumper out of a paperclip or a small piece of wire. Jump the two pins together within the connector. If the cart operates normally, you'll need to order an MCOR4 conversion kit, part number AM293101