Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lifted Golf Carts (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Bad Boy buggy axle noise (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=33857)

jordan_ciaramitaro 06-03-2010 07:44 PM

Bad Boy buggy axle noise

I am working on a 2006 Bad Boy Buggy. It appears to have Dana-spicer H12 axles front and rear. With Avanced motors front and rear.
The front drive axle whines under acceleration even when jacked up and no load.
I have swapped motors and this isn't the problem
I have changed the differential fluid. This didn't help either.
Anyone have any idea what is causing the whine/roar?

chuddly 06-04-2010 05:37 AM

Re: Bad Boy buggy axle noise

sounds like bad diff. gears. then they wear/go bad they teeth dont line up and you get a wine. Check that the teeth line up EXACTLY correctly. also check to see if they are worn badly or just plain damaged

jordan_ciaramitaro 06-04-2010 07:11 AM

The differential gears look okay but I can't really see the gears above that, that connect the motor to the diff gears. Is there a service manual or instructions on how to disassemble these?
Where can I find parts?

tpaul71 12-19-2012 06:37 PM

take your motor off and pull the male spline assy out and you will find a bearing behind it all. i just found that on mine and now you cant hear anything

sharpker 12-23-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpaul71 (Post 816594)
take your motor off and pull the male spline assy out and you will find a bearing behind it all. i just found that on mine and now you cant hear anything

i have taken the motor off but i cannot pull the male spline assy out...is there another step i need to do?

G2Rebel 12-23-2012 07:15 PM

There should be a snap ring holding it in. Pull the snap ring and it should slide out.

sharpker 12-24-2012 09:32 PM

we pulled that ring out and it still will not slide out??

trailmaster450 02-06-2013 07:40 PM

hey bud. you may need a slide hammer. bad boy buggies are hard to get parts for but in alot of ways very close to most ezgo carts. in my oppinion you may have a bad bearing somewhere in the diff causeing the teeth to not line up exact. did you notice alot of shavings in the diff oil when you changed it?

tpaul71 02-16-2013 06:46 AM

it Is hard to pull out but it will come out. Find a ezgo workhorse rear end and use gears out of that to replace your oldr gears

COURTESYCART 02-16-2013 11:14 PM

BBB go thru front wheel bearings, like a kid eats candy. check those also.