Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Forward & Reverse Switch (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=157843)

Godfather1960 10-08-2019 01:17 PM

Forward & Reverse Switch

Just a quick question on the club car precedent forward & reverse switch when i take of at times it bucks like on/off could this be the switch. I have installed a new MCOR about a month ago this cart is a 2017 bought from a golf course and has the org PD batteries and has speed code 4 installed this year but anyway once it stops bucking it runs 19 mph thanks in advance.

Brett

The Big Weezy 10-08-2019 02:29 PM

Re: Forward & Reverse Switch

What's pack voltage after charging? After charging completes and resting for 8 hours? Need to put a volt meter on pack + and pack - and read voltage when it bucks. It sure sounds like weak batteries. Need to supply more information. Can check cable connections and make certain they are clean and tight.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

alchemy 10-08-2019 06:45 PM

waiting til an expert comes along but in my short experience I did have trouble with the switch and it's a very simple device that seems nearly fool proof except for physical damage or the points possibly burning. On mine the case just unsnapped some making the contacts not touch well. I doubt it would make it "buck" and seems a slower process than "bang on and bang off" from there. I'd guess it would be more in your main power somewhere from the batteries to the motor including relays, solenoids, etc, maybe even a loose battery cable. A loose battery cable will get hot, dangerously hot even but let's wait to see if someone who knows these carts comes along.

oops, for some reason I just assumed you had one of those black plastic rocker switches on the dash like I have, not sure what you have

NoleFan4Ever 10-08-2019 10:52 PM

That does not sound like the switch, but it could be the MCOR or an intermittent Speed Sensor issue if noting else has a gremlin. A sepex cart such as your Precedent will not respond to low voltage in the same way a series wound motor will. A volt meter hooked to the pack and laid on your seat while driving will document what the pack is doing.

Where did you get the new MCOR? Is it China or Mexico??

Jim C 10-09-2019 05:29 AM

Not the same cart but i had trouble with mine cutting in and out and with some help from tahoedawg, found out that the shaft wasnt going all the way into the mcor. There are no adjustments for this but i shimmed it in and no longer have the problem.

Sergio 10-09-2019 05:54 AM

I think it is a speed sensor issue, the controller will drastically cut the Armature current if the pulses stop and resume as soon as they start, that will cause a bucking sensation.

I would inspect the integrity of the magnet behind the sensor and make sure the connections are clean and tight.

If the problem continues I would replace the speed sensor.

alchemy 10-09-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio (Post 1659721)
I think it is a speed sensor issue, the controller will drastically cut the Armature current if the pulses stop and resume as soon as they start, that will cause a bucking sensation.

I would inspect the integrity of the magnet behind the sensor and make sure the connections are clean and tight.

If the problem continues I would replace the speed sensor.

good guess, I know they do that on my car. Theres a way to test them on a car, measuring with a multimeter while spinning the wheel by hand.

Sergio 10-09-2019 06:31 AM

You can test them with a multimeter by spinning a single wheel by hand but that would not help with an intermittent problem.

Godfather1960 10-09-2019 05:47 PM

I just checked the batteries and 5 of them read 8.5+ and the bad battery reads 6.37 these are 2 year old batteries on a 48v cart is 8.5 / 8.7 considered good

yawood 10-09-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather1960 (Post 1659963)
I just checked the batteries and 5 of them read 8.5+ and the bad battery reads 6.37 these are 2 year old batteries on a 48v cart is 8.5 / 8.7 considered good

8.5/8.7 is OK but 6.37 is very bad. This would cause your symptoms. Have you tried a balanced charge? When the charger has finished charging and switched off pull the connector to the cart and then plug it back in. The charge will start again (this time shorter than the original charge) and it will attempt to get all the batteries up to the same level.

It won't solve the problem completely but it might help.