Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Design Center (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Painting Roofs??? (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=78861)

OTTO 04-18-2013 07:51 AM

Painting Roofs???

Ok so. Im redoing my G-16 and I picked up a G-22. Curious on painting the roofs? I painted my G16 roof with Krylon fusion and yes it flakes a little.

Im really curious of any helpful hints on prep of the roof but even more curious if anyone has ever tried a rhino lining or herculiner on the roof ony?

Springlake 04-18-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Painting Roofs???

Quote:

Originally Posted by OTTO (Post 869729)
Ok so. Im redoing my G-16 and I picked up a G-22. Curious on painting the roofs? I painted my G16 roof with Krylon fusion and yes it flakes a little.

Im really curious of any helpful hints on prep of the roof but even more curious if anyone has ever tried a rhino lining or herculiner on the roof ony?

I bought my 95 EGO from a shop and they spray all there used tops with rustoleum bed liner. I took my top off a week after I bought it so I do not know how long it hold up, it looks good though, for my application (The Woods). They shop formun told me they scuff it up first then spray.

OTTO 04-18-2013 12:40 PM

The textured bed liner stuff or more like a paint?

BumbleBee 04-18-2013 04:53 PM

it's the Bedliner Stuff. I just did the top on my Son's Marathon. just clean it then sand with 120 or 180 to get it uniform then you can apply the bedliner. If you want you can use the adhesion promoter stuff. I have had the same results with and with out it. spend the time sanding and it will pay off in the long run!

Good luck to you!

Arin

dan161 04-22-2013 08:27 PM

my 90 marathon that I just got has it sprayed on the top, and it is starting to flake off in areas. But I have no idea what if any preparation was done before it was put on.

Kudaman 04-22-2013 09:03 PM

Bumblebee is right, sand it and spray it. You can use bed liner, it'll be stronger if you are going through the bush but it's all in the prep. Getting ready to shoot mine this weekend.

flamed1100 04-27-2013 06:53 AM

I sanded mine real good then then before I sprayed it I hit it with some adhesion promoter.

Springlake 04-27-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamed1100 (Post 873882)
I sanded mine real good then then before I sprayed it I hit it with some adhesion promoter.

That's a good idea. What brand?