Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Need help installing battery meter (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=74238)

carnejm 12-25-2012 09:48 AM

Need help installing battery meter

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2006 club car precedent 48v golf cart. I got this led battery meter for Christmas and was wondering if someone could give me some instructions to install.

Here are the instructions it came with: The terminal marked "+" is for positive volts. The terminal marked "C" is for positive volts.The terminal marked "-" is for ground. These must be hooked up for the indicator to record battery usage. I know, not very good!!!!

Does this (or can it) replace the standard orange low battery warning light? If not, where do you typically mount it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Stevegrmich 12-25-2012 10:47 AM

Re: Need help installing battery meter

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnejm (Post 818585)
I have a 2006 club car precedent 48v golf cart. I got this led battery meter for Christmas and was wondering if someone could give me some instructions to install.

Here are the instructions it came with: The terminal marked "+" is for positive volts. The terminal marked "C" is for positive volts.The terminal marked "-" is for ground. These must be hooked up for the indicator to record battery usage. I know, not very good!!!!

Does this (or can it) replace the standard orange low battery warning light? If not, where do you typically mount it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Watch this:

Install Battery Meter

. . . and no, it is not a replacement for the standard orange low battery warning light because the orange one "talks" to the OBC . . .

carnejm 12-25-2012 12:26 PM

Ok, thanks. I got the positive and negative going to the battery leads. But which wire on the key switch do I tie into? I believe there is a green and blue.

DJBlade 12-25-2012 12:40 PM

The blue. Splice into it.

carnejm 12-25-2012 04:39 PM

Thanks.. Last question. What is the best way to route the wires from the dash to batteries? Just under the cart? Or is there a track or piping I can fish it through?

DJBlade 12-25-2012 05:42 PM

I have the same year cart. There should be a red and black wire in the dash that is not used. They are 48 volt + and -. It is laying in the exact spot you need to tie into your meter. Test them to verify, but you will find they have the exact pack voltage reading as wires you would run separately.

carnejm 12-25-2012 05:58 PM

DJBlade,

Thank you for that tip! Saved me a heck of alot of effort. Worked perfectly. Registered at 49.8 v.

Dhenryjr 12-30-2012 05:57 PM

Hey IMO you got the wrong meter, you should return that one or regift it and get one from ScottyB (a sponsor on this site), his meter is like having a nice Fluke Multimeter mounted to your dash but much prettier. Best protection for your batteries.

pin oak 04-17-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhenryjr (Post 820324)
Hey IMO you got the wrong meter, you should return that one or regift it and get one from ScottyB (a sponsor on this site), his meter is like having a nice Fluke Multimeter mounted to your dash but much prettier. Best protection for your batteries.

This does look like a nice batt meter. Thanks for the heads up.

miker 04-18-2014 05:45 PM

does it have 3 prongs on the back,if not left is positive it will run all the time if it does left is positive the single one below goes to the blue wire.lift up your floor mat there is a channel to run wires