Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Official '97 CC DS Build Thread (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=55852)

RedRumCart 10-17-2011 09:20 PM

My Official '97 CC DS Build Thread

5 Attachment(s)
Hello,

I just purchased a club car DS, serial number A9747....

This will be my official build thread for this cart. It is in pretty bad shape as it sits, and I will continually update this thread as I repair/rebuilt cart. This is my very first cart, and I am sure it will show through some of the dumb questions I ask.:lol:

There will be MANY questions in this thread as it goes on, so if you like to share your knowledge please please continue to check back and chime in. :help:
Also, I am located in the Sacramento CA area, so if any are local, I would be more than happy to meet up and gain any insight possible.

I am building on a very tight budget, but think I can make it work, and keep the cart looking nice and running well. :roll: hopefully. haha.

These are the things I am planning as of now;
  • carbon fiber dash
  • 4 awg cables
  • golf bag rack
  • volt reader in dash
  • seat covers
  • arm rest pads
  • rear bumper
  • F/R switch (it is broken per the old owner)
  • new tires
  • new batteries
  • steering wheel

I am also going to want to speed it up a little. Am hoping with the 4awg cables, new batteries, and maybe a Plum motor upgrade I can get to 20, maybe 25... The current motor is a club car model no. 58c59jbs 61948, 48v, 3.1 hp. No idea how fast now, as it has no batteries, and old owner says neds microswitches.

I am brand new to this hobbie, and do not know anybody, so any/all advice will be appreciated! Also, if you know of any used parts, or good places to look, I would love to hear about it/them. I have no problem posting pics, and even prices paid for things if it is allowed on this site.

Thanks in advance for all your help, and I am excited to start my project!!! Hopefully by December, there will be a major transformation.

Stevegrmich 10-18-2011 06:50 AM

Re: My Official '97 CC DS Build Thread

First, welcome to BGW . . . and by the pics, you will be busy for a while . . . there are several regulars on this forum from Calif, so you may get lucky in your quest for used parts . . . most of all, have fun . . . :thumbup:

RedRumCart 10-18-2011 03:25 PM

Nice, and thanks for the welcome Steve!!

First question,

Are there any "junk yards" for carts in Northern California? I would love to get a roof, mounts, and club rack package for my cart. (Has no roof now)

I found the club rack set up for abt $50 shipped, but no roof mounts or roof top included. Anybody think I could find the whole thing for 100 or so? **It does have the 2001+ seats, so would think I need the entire 2001+ package, but not sure...

txstringbender 10-18-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRumCart (Post 636566)
Nice, and thanks for the welcome Steve!!

First question,

Are there any "junk yards" for carts in Northern California? I would love to get a roof, mounts, and club rack package for my cart. (Has no roof now)

I found the club rack set up for abt $50 shipped, but no roof mounts or roof top included. Anybody think I could find the whole thing for 100 or so? **It does have the 2001+ seats, so would think I need the entire 2001+ package, but not sure...

Welcome aboard. I am not trying to turn this into a classified add, but if your interested since your on a tight budget, I have a bag rack, a good set of tires and rims with hub caps, wire basket, sand bottles, and sand bottle baskets I removed from my cart. If you want them and wanna make a deal contact me and maybe we can work something out. It's all just sitting in my shop in the way. I will also have some rear roof mounts after I get my rear seat installed. Just throwing it out there. My cart is a 97. I know how it is building something on a tight budget.

RedRumCart 10-18-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txstringbender (Post 636586)
Welcome aboard. I am not trying to turn this into a classified add, but if your interested since your on a tight budget, I have a bag rack, a good set of tires and rims with hub caps, wire basket, sand bottles, and sand bottle baskets I removed from my cart. If you want them and wanna make a deal contact me and maybe we can work something out. It's all just sitting in my shop in the way. I will also have some rear roof mounts after I get my rear seat installed. Just throwing it out there. My cart is a 97. I know how it is building something on a tight budget.

Thanks txstringbender,
Please PM me with the details. Although, I believe that since my cart has the single back rest piece, your rack and roof supports will not work for me. Correct me if I am wrong though, as I know very little about carts!
And no worries about turning the thread, that is part of what I made it for. Hoping it will turn out to be a total picture of my journey, help questions to acquiring "pieces".

RedRumCart 10-18-2011 05:33 PM

I am, however, shopping around for all the items listed in the origional post, and always like to hear what is out there!!

Question:
Is the 4awg upgrade worth it if I am only going to upgrade the motor, and not the controller or solenoid?

RedRumCart 10-18-2011 07:05 PM

What do you guys think about this dash?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200661975326...84.m1423.l2649

And these cables?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270629162796...84.m1423.l2649

txstringbender 10-19-2011 05:56 AM

PM sent

Seastar 10-19-2011 09:22 AM

Nice cart RedRum...( muRdeR )

I bought a 2000.5 ds for a hundred $. Have installed batteries and cleaned it up. The dealer with the batteries gave me a new front end body panel and another dealer gave me a complete body for a $10.00 contribution to there coffee fund. Behind this dealership ( in Canada ) there were a dozen bodies and barrels full of bag holders, baskets,roof supports ect. ,that will go to the dump.You should maybe tour your area and see what is available in the scrap.

RedRumCart 10-19-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seastar (Post 636904)
Nice cart RedRum...( muRdeR )

I bought a 2000.5 ds for a hundred $. Have installed batteries and cleaned it up. The dealer with the batteries gave me a new front end body panel and another dealer gave me a complete body for a $10.00 contribution to there coffee fund. Behind this dealership ( in Canada ) there were a dozen bodies and barrels full of bag holders, baskets,roof supports ect. ,that will go to the dump.You should maybe tour your area and see what is available in the scrap.

Wow, that is almost amazing!!! :thumbup:
I will start my search I guess. I just have no idea of any golf cart dump yards in my area... Hoping to hear from someone around here whom knows.

I wonder how much shipping would be from canada, do you think they would ship stuff to me? (California)