Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   New 2020 Onward Question (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=158140)

golf cart man 10-18-2019 07:09 PM

New 2020 Onward Question

Good evening all,

Just received my new 2020 Onward today. I will be having the dealer remove the pedal up braking right away, it's downright dangerous and nauseating on flat ground wow!

It has the high speed code and goes about 19 mph. Is there anything else I can do to get a few more MPH out of it without replacing the controller or motor? I was reading about a high speed magnet is that compatible with this cart? I am not familiar with the onward/precedent at all. Thanks :thumbup:

Jkerle 10-18-2019 07:11 PM

Re: New 2020 Onward Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf cart man (Post 1662334)
Good evening all,

Just received my new 2020 Onward today. I will be having the dealer remove the pedal up braking right away, it's downright dangerous and nauseating on flat ground wow!

It has the high speed code and goes about 19 mph. Is there anything else I can do to get a few more MPH out of it without replacing the controller or motor? I was reading about a high speed magnet is that compatible with this cart? I am not familiar with the onward/precedent at all. Thanks [emoji106]

I'd make you a killer deal on an alltrax xct400 and A2 speed motor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mrgolf 10-18-2019 07:37 PM

If you have a warranty I would leave things as is, except maybe put taller tires if the will fit without a lift.

golf cart man 10-18-2019 11:21 PM

That’s the thing I don’t want to void the factory 3 year warranty.

djbmsu 10-21-2019 07:16 PM

Have you tested the top speed ? I just picked up my Onward and slowly as the batteries get some time on them and the motor, I am getting 24 mph checked with a local radar gun.

Gregt909 10-21-2019 07:24 PM

Short of replacing the controller you’re likely only going to see about 20 mph. Maybe 21-22 with bigger tires.

golf cart man 10-21-2019 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djbmsu (Post 1663093)
Have you tested the top speed ? I just picked up my Onward and slowly as the batteries get some time on them and the motor, I am getting 24 mph checked with a local radar gun.

You're seeing 24mph on a stock onward with the factory 10" wheels?

yawood 10-22-2019 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golf cart man (Post 1662334)
...snip...I will be having the dealer remove the pedal up braking right away, it's downright dangerous and nauseating on flat ground wow!...snip...

Try running the regen (what you're calling pedal up braking) for a while to get used to it. Many of us run that all the time and hardly touch the brakes. You can control your stopping speed with the accelerator and only touch the brakes at the last moment (or not if you've got the room to just coast to a stop).

golf cart man 10-22-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yawood (Post 1663246)
Try running the regen (what you're calling pedal up braking) for a while to get used to it. Many of us run that all the time and hardly touch the brakes. You can control your stopping speed with the accelerator and only touch the brakes at the last moment (or not if you've got the room to just coast to a stop).

So far I have not had good luck I find the pedal up braking at least to this adjustment to be downright dangerous. It's almost an instantaneous stop when your foot is removed from the accelerator pedal. Much faster of a stop than I would normally do when using the brake.

Gregt909 10-22-2019 12:05 PM

I have the lithium version of this cart and there’s a few different regen options that the dealer can program. Mine is perfect as it only applies heavy regen when going down a steep hill. On flat ground it has slight regen and going up hills it has none at all and will coast. I would assume the 48 volt has the same adjustability?