Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Club Car DS Front Sits Very Low (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=143259)

mckinjc 06-24-2018 03:42 PM

Club Car DS Front Sits Very Low

5 Attachment(s)
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help with my question. I have a club car ds that I have installed heavy duty rear leaf springs on. When I bought the cart it already had a lift kit which I believe is a 6" Madjax A Arm Lift Kit. The cart has always been a little lower in the front than the back but after installing the heavy duty rear leaf springs it is very noticeable. From my measurements it's around 2.5" lower. Can anyone give me any ideas on what I need to do to level up the front end?

I have provided pictures. Thanks so much

Htownblue 06-24-2018 04:11 PM

Re: Club Car DS Front Sits Very Low

Move the rear leaf spring rear mount hole upwards about 1.5 inches on the real leaf spring connecting bracket.

GMTX012 06-24-2018 05:14 PM

Or get a set of blocks from a 4" lift kit and put them in the rear. It will drop it to level with the front. I ran into the same problem with my precedent 6" lift. The shorter block did the trick.

Edit: Looked at your pics after I posted. Not sure you have a complete lift on the front. It looks like you have lower A arms with stock spindles and upper arms. I'll let someone else weigh in since I'm not too familiar with the DS stock suspension.

WalterM6 06-24-2018 06:25 PM

It also looks like you have an extra lift block on the rear. (ref picture #5) What I would do is get the lift kit instruction and verify everything is installed correctly.

radelon 06-24-2018 08:54 PM

You have the wrong length spacers between the lower a frames and the leaf spring in the front

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

radelon 06-24-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radelon (Post 1515134)
You have the wrong length spacers between the lower a frames and the leaf spring in the front

They should be like 2 to 2.25 inches

radelon 06-24-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radelon (Post 1515137)
They should be like 2 to 2.25 inches

And each bolt should have 4 rubber bushings. One on top 2 in middle and one under the lower a framehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b785c34e5e.jpg

Rooster59 06-24-2018 09:03 PM

Looks like some bushings on those spacers are missing or shot too.

mckinjc 06-24-2018 09:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I have attached some up close pictures of the front and back. I'm hoping this helps. I've heard a lot of good suggestions but I'm not sure what I need to do yet. Thank you all so much

radelon 06-24-2018 10:18 PM

See my attached pic of my front end.... 2 bushings sandwiching the leaf and 2 bushings sandwiching the lower a frame.... So from top to bottom.... Washer, bushing, leaf, bushing, washer, spacer, washer, bushing, lower a frame, bushing, and washer.

You don't have this and that's why your front end is very low