Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Lithium Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Charging Lithium Battery (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=150181)

MoparChas 02-15-2019 01:02 PM

Charging Lithium Battery

1 Attachment(s)
I am new to this lithium battery setup like a lot of people my question is should I leave the cart plugged in when not in use are will it harm the batteries I have two in my cart
Thanks

NCPW 02-15-2019 01:37 PM

Re: Charging Lithium Battery

There's no need to leave lithium packs plugged in like with lead acid when not in use. Once they reach their balancing voltage or max cell voltage, the charge should shut down depending on your wiring diagram, charger and BMS being used.

I think leaving the charger plugged in is asking for trouble in the long run.

MoparChas 02-15-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1587761)
There's no need to leave lithium packs plugged in like with lead acid when not in use. Once they reach their balancing voltage or max cell voltage, the charge should shut down depending on your wiring diagram, charger and BMS being used.

I think leaving the charger plugged in is asking for trouble in the long run.

thanks NCPW
that’s kind of what I thought

NCPW 02-15-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoparChas (Post 1587770)
thanks NCPW
that’s kind of what I thought

No problem:thumbup:

The last time I charged my cart was almost 4 weeks ago. I only use my cart 1-2 days a week most times and travel short distances; maybe around 2 miles or so at a time. I'm still sitting at 55.5v from 57.8v. Love my lithium set up :thumbup:

MoparChas 02-15-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCPW (Post 1587772)
No problem:thumbup:

The last time I charged my cart was almost 4 weeks ago. I only use my cart 1-2 days a week most times and travel short distances; maybe around 2 miles or so at a time. I'm still sitting at 55.5v from 57.8v. Love my lithium set up :thumbup:

I haven’t been on my cart I will if it ever stops snowing or raining here every two days

NoleFan4Ever 02-15-2019 03:11 PM

I am still old school and keep mine plugged in. One feature I like is my charger will kick back on as in a float mode and top my pack on its own.

My thought process is they are good for
1500 charges from X
3000 charges from Y
6000 charges from S

So I figure each time I pull them down, I top them off. Then I am always assured of a topped off pack if I go out the that long haul..... :thumbup: (Mine is a 7 module pack)

MoparChas 02-15-2019 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have twin 48 volt 50 ah amp with BMS on both batteries
550 amp controller, HD F/R switch HD solenoid 2 gauge cables through out the golf cart 11HP Motor and a battery charger module

Aquaman95 02-16-2019 10:30 AM

MoparChas - What kind of speed/range do you get with that setup? I had been planning to put Leaf packs in my cart but having trouble finding them so reconsidering Volt packs.

MoparChas 02-16-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquaman95 (Post 1587913)
MoparChas - What kind of speed/range do you get with that setup? I had been planning to put Leaf packs in my cart but having trouble finding them so reconsidering Volt packs.

all can tell you right now is it fly’s and as far as range if the weather ever cooperates I will turn on my GPS so I can see the speed and distance

klubber 02-17-2019 09:50 AM

MoparChas

What is the investment? Did you DIY?