Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Star and Fairplay (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Flow-Rite Pro-fill Battery Watering system (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=30044)

jantrree 03-07-2010 06:23 PM

Flow-Rite Pro-fill Battery Watering system

Is this battery watering system worth adding? From pics of the battery compartment on a Zone, it looks pretty cramped. How difficult is it to keep your batteries watered with the plastic bottle? Any of you guys with experience, I would appreciate your input.

gornoman 03-07-2010 07:23 PM

Re: Flow-Rite Pro-fill Battery Watering system

It's easy to fill them all by hand. I use a small bathroom paper cup for the rear ones, and a small funnel for the others.

Timdelta 03-07-2010 07:31 PM

I have the Flow-Rite Pro fill. It is worth it. Stick the end in a gallon jug of distilled water --a couple of squeezes on the bulb and all batteries watered to the same correct level. Total time to do 6 batteries ---about 1 minute. No mess, no drips, no hassle. It is pricey, but if it saves a single battery, it has paid for itself. I would never go without one. Any ?

hitmanharleyk 03-07-2010 07:46 PM

I use one of these to top off my batteries. Sit the jug of water on the top of the seats and simply move from one cell to the next adding what is needed.
Picked it up at Walmart for about $3.

iaefebs 03-07-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk (Post 374446)
I use one of these to top off my batteries. Sit the jug of water on the top of the seats and simply move from one cell to the next adding what is needed.

Amazon.com: SIMPLE TO USE SIPHON PUMP WITH 6' TUBE: Everything Else

This gets my vote!:thumbup:

rib33024 03-07-2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitmanharleyk (Post 374446)

Amazon.com: SIMPLE TO USE SIPHON PUMP WITH 6' TUBE: Everything Else

They got them at H F cheap-:thumbup:

TejasStar 03-08-2010 10:02 AM

To thine own self be true.

I know myself well enough to know that I will not check/fill the cells often enough if I have to do it manually. I also live 800 mile away from my cart and I love gadgets that make things easier. It took less than 30 minutes to install and cost less than 2 bills. Now anyone can fill it and I know it will be done right.

I called Flow-Rite and ended up talking to the owner/designer who was a great guy. Flow-Rite also designed Trojan's fill system. So I went ahead and bought it from them on the spot since their price was competitive with what I was finding on the net. This is a wonderfully engineered product that was a no-brainer for me.

Dave in VA 03-08-2010 10:28 AM

I guess that I'm lucky and only live 300 miles away from mine.:lhmo:

GLEEMO 03-08-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave in VA (Post 374849)
I guess that I'm lucky and only live 300 miles away from mine.:lhmo:

What happened did the X get it in the settlement :lhmo:

Dave in VA 03-08-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLEEMO (Post 374924)
What happened did the X get it in the settlement :lhmo:

lol8) No, nothing like that. We've got a place in SW Va, and that's where the cart is. If she was my X, we would have worked out something out--like she gets the kitchen stuff and I get the cart:lhmo::lhmo::lhmo: