Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Precedent Electric 48v will not start (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=153777)

clubcarfl 06-08-2019 07:11 PM

Precedent Electric 48v will not start

I have a 2014 Club Car Precedent Electric 48v which will no longer start. Here is what I have observed:

1. A week ago, if I turned the lights on the golf cart would turn off. I could not run them at the same time.

2. Today, the golf cart will not turn on at all. The battery gauge will not turn on nor the lights. I do hear the audible reverse buzzer.

3. 7 batteries show 8.2V and the newest battery at 8.7.

4. Distilled water is at the proper level.

What would you all suggest doing next?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

NoleFan4Ever 06-08-2019 08:17 PM

Re: Precedent Electric 48v will not start

Well your batteries are not at 100% SOC, but that will not prevent it from actuating and moving.

Is this an ERIC charged or OBC (Powerdrive) charged cart?

Was anything added, worked on or changed right before this all began>

clubcarfl 06-08-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever (Post 1623501)
Well your batteries are not at 100% SOC, but that will not prevent it from actuating and moving.

Is this an ERIC charged or OBC (Powerdrive) charged cart?

Was anything added, worked on or changed right before this all began>

It is a ERIC. No changes to it. Just seemed to slowly get to this point of not even turning on. Is the fact the reverse buzzer works mean anything?

WalterM6 06-08-2019 09:56 PM

From what I've read here before it sounds like the common connections for the 12v and 48v supply are different. The common connections need to be connected to B-. Post a picture of your battery compartment.

NoleFan4Ever 06-08-2019 10:00 PM

Just that controller is still seeing the reverse signal from the switch and you are not in Lock-Out.

When you have the Run/Tow in Run, key On, rocker in Fwd and Go Pedal depressed, do you here the solenoid behind the batteries "Click"? If so, does it click again after you let off??

Fairtax4me 06-08-2019 10:52 PM

I smell a bad battery connection.

bobwalter 06-09-2019 06:20 AM

Are you sure it has 8 batteries. 8x8.? Volts is in excess of 64 volts. ?????? Too much for a stock controller, charger, etc. Count the batteries again.

clubcarfl 06-09-2019 11:24 AM

Typo, meant 6 batteries. I was coming from a 36V last cart [emoji16]

TahoeDawgZ71 06-09-2019 10:09 PM

I'm with FairTax4ME, I think you've got a bad connection somewhere. The headlights should have absolutely nothing to do with the running of the car. Check your battery cables really good and make sure they aren't corroded or broken.

clubcarfl 06-10-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever (Post 1623519)
Just that controller is still seeing the reverse signal from the switch and you are not in Lock-Out.

When you have the Run/Tow in Run, key On, rocker in Fwd and Go Pedal depressed, do you here the solenoid behind the batteries "Click"? If so, does it click again after you let off??

Yes, I do hear a click. Here is a video of the click I hear https://photos.app.goo.gl/xuRSYiyHyRC6mPvV6

Does that sound correct?