Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ? For people with ATV tires (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=147637)

Hit it like a champ 11-05-2018 05:30 PM

? For people with ATV tires

So I decided on dirt Devil tires now the question is. 23x10x10 in the back but should I run 23x8x10 in the front. Does anyone have any pictures to share. My cart is a 2014 precedent just ordered a 6” a-arm lift advice please

NoleFan4Ever 11-05-2018 06:27 PM

Re: ? For people with ATV tires

I personally like the uniform look of evenly width tires front and rear.

Hunter450 11-06-2018 06:38 AM

I'm with Nole and like the same size tires on all four corners. I run 24 inch Swamp Fox ATV tires on my DS and use them 95% of the time off road. I do have the option to switch them front to rear if the tread wear starts to get uneven.

Roy Gurley 11-06-2018 07:15 AM

Same size all round!

Dlab 11-06-2018 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I put swamplite 22x8s on the front and 22x11s on the back. The 22x11s are a much heavier and aggressive tire. I like the 8s up front, lighter and much easier to turn both power and radius wise IMO

8-point 11-06-2018 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter450 (Post 1557104)
I'm with Nole and like the same size tires on all four corners. I run 24 inch Swamp Fox ATV tires on my DS and use them 95% of the time off road. I do have the option to switch them front to rear if the tread wear starts to get uneven.

Nice, and I like the black rim look too, both you and Dlab! :thumbup:

dundeebarnbuggy 11-06-2018 01:05 PM

Narrower tires on the front will always steer better off road due to more psi on the ground due to the smaller footprint, especially our carts which are weight biased towards the rear. Should be less rolling resistance too.:thumbup: Wide tires are only for looks:? in this application.

ag4ever 11-07-2018 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy (Post 1557194)
Narrower tires on the front will always steer better off road due to more psi on the ground due to the smaller footprint, especially our carts which are weight biased towards the rear. Should be less rolling resistance too.:thumbup: Wide tires are only for looks:? in this application.

The width of the tire has no impact on the psi of the tire on the ground. Only the air pressure of the tire has an impact of the psi on the ground. The pressure exerted on the ground will always match the pressure in the tire.

This why tires are aired down for use in sand so they can “float” on the sand.

NoleFan4Ever 11-07-2018 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ag4ever (Post 1557455)
The width of the tire has no impact on the psi of the tire on the ground. Only the air pressure of the tire has an impact of the psi on the ground. The pressure exerted on the ground will always match the pressure in the tire.

This why tires are aired down for use in sand so they can “float” on the sand.

Hmm....I think you missed his point. He was referring to Pounds Per Square Inch of pressure on the ground, not in the tire. Meaning the skinnier the tire with the same GVWR will apply more pressure to that area as it is spread out over less area (Mass/Area). Just like the tires in the sand you refer to, we would lessen the air pressure so the tire was softer and the side walls would sag giving you a little more width in the soft sand. Now the side walls would be contacting the sand and since they were softer from the lower air pressure they would not spin quite as easily. :thumbup:

Sergio 11-07-2018 07:37 AM

I think more like dundeebarnbuggy on this one, the air pressure by itself is not a factor, only the actual footprint of the tire which spreads the weight of the vehicle and creates the Pounds per square inch force against the ground, lowering the preasure on bigger tires increases their foot print which reduces the PSI against the ground.

Greater air volume at lower psi could increase ride quality due to reduced impact force transfer, but then again I like the looks of low profile tires:-P