Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric Club Car (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2011 CLub Car Precedent Speed (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=122308)

sadavis 09-01-2016 07:10 AM

2011 CLub Car Precedent Speed

How can I speed up my 2011 club car precedent , apparently excel, Curtis controller 1515-5201, 48 volt motor with 3.3 hp model EJ8-4001 past number 103572501 250 amp Curtis controller ,
I know I can take it to a dealer and pay them to recode it to 4, or ??
but what can I do? magnets by pass controller, replace- accelerator m-cor,
I do have new batteries and tires are standard 8 inch with proper air pressures, I am not looking for 35 mph (lol) but would like 20 plus or so
Thanks

teecro 09-01-2016 07:34 AM

Re: 2011 CLub Car Precedent Speed

If an Excel cart your options are:

Speed Code 4 = 19.6 MPH with stock tires
Taller Tires = some more speed (2 to 3 mph) but at the expense of torque.
Bandit Motor from Plum Quick = 25ish MPH at the cost of roughly 250.00

Bandit motors are very cost effective if all your looking for is a modest boost into the low to mid twenties...
http://www.plumquick.com/motors-and-...es/the-bandit/

teecro 09-01-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadavis (Post 1311544)
How can I speed up my 2011 club car precedent , apparently excel, Curtis controller 1515-5201, 48 volt motor with 3.3 hp model EJ8-4001 past number 103572501 250 amp Curtis controller ,
I know I can take it to a dealer and pay them to recode it to 4, or ??
but what can I do? magnets by pass controller, replace- accelerator m-cor,
I do have new batteries and tires are standard 8 inch with proper air pressures, I am not looking for 35 mph (lol) but would like 20 plus or so
Thanks

Also as told on previous occasion you CAN'T use a speed magnet to speed up an EXCEL cart...

sadavis 09-01-2016 07:45 AM

thanks i will review their motors, but first can you answer this , i see that the Curtis controller 1515-5201 which i have, and i see your post showing Curtis 1268, and i see same 1268 on other post - so it that the replacement controller ?

teecro 09-01-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadavis (Post 1311553)
thanks i will review their motors, but first can you answer this , i see that the Curtis controller 1515-5201 which i have, and i see your post showing Curtis 1268, and i see same 1268 on other post - so it that the replacement controller ?

It is one of many controllers that can be installed in these carts... The 1268 is a 500 Amp Controller whereas the stock controller is a 250 amp controller...

sadavis 09-01-2016 08:21 AM

after you told me I could not do magnets- I sent an email to club car who forwarded it to a local DEALER- who called me; my question was exactly what cart did I have- I gave them a copy and paste if my cart serial number, controller, motor, and would have sent a sample of my DNA- (LOL) they ( dealer locally) said I had a "q" car. I do not disagree or agree, I said excel herein- can you tell me how to know so we can solve this -
Curtis controllers seem to be Excel ?? thanks,

teecro 09-01-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadavis (Post 1311568)
after you told me I could not do magnets- I sent an email to club car who forwarded it to a local DEALER- who called me; my question was exactly what cart did I have- I gave them a copy and paste if my cart serial number, controller, motor, and would have sent a sample of my DNA- (LOL) they ( dealer locally) said I had a "q" car. I do not disagree or agree, I said excel herein- can you tell me how to know so we can solve this -

No Curtis controllers were used on/in both IQ and Excel carts alike, different part numbers required for differing platforms...

Want to put the question to rest? Give us the serial number of your cart; honestly while I'm not including myself in the list but for the most part we KNOW these carts better and many dealers do.... All we need to know is the first 2 letters; which if it is PQ then it does not appear to be an Excel cart.

teecro 09-01-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadavis (Post 1311568)

But I digress as in looking back in your old post I see you told us (including me) your serial number and it is a PH and that is an EXCEL serial number...

sadavis 09-01-2016 08:42 AM

I did, nut since the dealer made his statement- I was not sure, thanks
so now I take your suggestions and follow them out to see what is best fo rme
I appreciate your patience!

teecro 09-01-2016 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadavis (Post 1311578)
I did, nut since the dealer made his statement- I was not sure, thanks
so now I take your suggestions and follow them out to see what is best fo rme
I appreciate your patience!

No worries... BUT HONESTLY if you have good batteries and you think you will be happy in the low to mid twenties you can NOT go wrong with a Bandit Motor Upgrade as you will get an increase in both speed and torque at a very reasonable price that is very simple to install....