Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Electric EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   EZ Needs an Upgrade (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=126062)

alparmer 01-13-2017 05:48 PM

EZ Needs an Upgrade

I'd like to make my 96 EZ a bit faster. It's a 36v with stock everything. What's the best bang for the buck to bring it to the 21st century. I think new motor, and controller but I don't know which. Lots on options on eBay and other places. I'd like to keep it at 36v unless 48 is the way to go.

Thanks in advance.

cgtech 01-13-2017 08:50 PM

Re: EZ Needs an Upgrade

Which variety? Series or sepex? Go with an Alltrax controller for sure, it can do 36v now & 48v later. Stock motors can all handle some more voltage, that equals more speed. Whichever variety you have, controller & battery upgrade to 48v will get you more speed & much more power even with stock motor. I have never heard anyone ever say "I wish I had went a different direction than upgrading to 48v" (even my old marathon 48v upgrade), and I have done many upgrades. Staying at 36v is a limiting factor, but it all depends how good your 36v batteries are now. If your 36v pack is less than 2 years old, might be better to stick with 36v for now, and upgrade with a plan to go to 42v or 48v when the current batteries are used up.

gornoman 01-13-2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgtech (Post 1344763)
Which variety? Series or sepex? Go with an Alltrax controller for sure, it can do 36v now & 48v later. Stock motors can all handle some more voltage, that equals more speed. Whichever variety you have, controller & battery upgrade to 48v will get you more speed & much more power even with stock motor. I have never heard anyone ever say "I wish I had went a different direction than upgrading to 48v" (even my old marathon 48v upgrade), and I have done many upgrades. Staying at 36v is a limiting factor, but it all depends how good your 36v batteries are now. If your 36v pack is less than 2 years old, might be better to stick with 36v for now, and upgrade with a plan to go to 42v or 48v when the current batteries are used up.

Great post!:thumbup:

scottyb 01-14-2017 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So - which drive system is in your cart?

DaveTM 01-14-2017 01:01 PM

IMHO, buy your upgrade "stuff" from ScottyB. Why? Cause he's on here and will help you should you have install issues. Fleabay.....not so much. His prices are very competitive. His "stuff" is top quality. How do I know? 'Cause I've bot his "stuff" and I'm always impressed.

FWIW :mrgreen:

Dela 01-14-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveTM (Post 1344894)
IMHO, buy your upgrade "stuff" from ScottyB. Why? Cause he's on here and will help you should you have install issues. Fleabay.....not so much. His prices are very competitive. His "stuff" is top quality. How do I know? 'Cause I've bot his "stuff" and I'm always impressed.

FWIW :mrgreen:

WORD 8):thumbup:

Scotty has best prices - ships FAST - and has stellar customer service

Take his advice and buy his 'stuff' :lhmo:

vagabond 01-14-2017 07:02 PM

have to agree with the ones above, Scotty has great prices and service

alparmer 01-15-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyb (Post 1344850)
So - which drive system is in your cart?

The cart is over at my inlaws but I'm pretty sure it's the series type. I have to go over and take a look to verify. I will drop you a note when I verify.

Thanks, AL

scottyb 01-15-2017 08:42 AM

I've written a webpage on how to upgrade. The page includes information on determining which drive system you have. And lots of info on the characteristics of series and sepex drive, Each drive system's best application, and how to increase performance. Go here >

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/tech-help-.html