Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum

Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/index.php)
-   Gas EZGO (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NO NO's EZGO ISSUES (https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=709)

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 05-13-2007 09:10 PM

NO NO's EZGO ISSUES

Let's try this again........ :-D

I need to know how to speed up a 1995 E-Z-GO gasser. I can handle the governor adjustment, but is there anothe way to go about a speed enhancement for "cough" free? :oops: :roll: :roll: I almost talked the guy into an 18hp Vanguard from Cart Parts Plus with HS gears, but he didn't want to spend that kind of cash. He doesn't want to spend any cash, except on a torque spring for the driven clutch. :|

caddymankc 05-13-2007 09:20 PM

those engines are expensive if i had time id throw in a motorcyle engine u can get motorcycles that were laid over real cheap

Rizzo20 05-13-2007 09:21 PM

I have the weirdest feeling of Deja Vu......

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 05-13-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rizzo20
I have the weirdest feeling of Deja Vu......

No, I think you just shat yourself. :lol: :shock:

Xtreme Cartz 05-14-2007 02:25 PM

Nono my project cart is a 95 ezgo and I sped it up with a snowmobile engine. It will go about 50 mph with stock tires. Id say this is a good way to get the most bang for your buck. :-D

ruredy 05-14-2007 06:35 PM

Re: NO NO's EZGO ISSUES

Quote:

Originally Posted by NO NO NO E-Z-GO!

I need to know how to speed up a 1995 E-Z-GO gasser........... He doesn't want to spend any cash, except on a torque spring for the driven clutch. :|

put about 60lb of air in the tires and make him wear one of those funny helmets downhill skiers wear

*edit* 3 post now, how many do you need to post pics?

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 05-14-2007 07:01 PM

Just go in Test Post and run it up to about 5 or 10. :wink:

Bob-0 05-14-2007 10:18 PM

Re: NO NO's EZGO ISSUES

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruredy
Quote:

I need to know how to speed up a 1995 E-Z-GO gasser........... He doesn't want to spend any cash, except on a torque spring for the driven clutch. :|

put about 60lb of air in the tires and make him wear one of those funny helmets downhill skiers wear

*edit* 3 post now, how many do you need to post pics?

Can't forget the thong... GOTTA wear a thong. Ask him to use RED loctite on his hair peice too.

If he doesn't car about his engine life at all, you can do a few bad things that will get him a couple more mphs. Drill a hole directly infront of the carb. Drill the main jet to a #104, and when the engine is HOT... set the valve lash as close to perfect as you can... that is touching the valve, but not pushing it.

1 year tops... then he'll need the Honda/briggs :lol:
Bob

NO NO NO E-Z-GO! 05-17-2007 06:24 PM

I have a question.......another one.

Do the EH series twin cylinder RobinSubaru engines fire each cylinder at the same time, making it like a single cylinder, or like 1-2-1-2-1-2....? :?: It would make more sense at 1-2-1 because it gets power on each revoultion, but does it? :)

ruredy 05-17-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

I have a question.......another one.

Do the EH series twin cylinder RobinSubaru engines fire each cylinder at the same time, making it like a single cylinder, or like 1-2-1-2-1-2....? :?: It would make more sense at 1-2-1 because it gets power on each revoultion, but does it? :)

The plugs fire together but its cammed so it has a power stroke each rev. Makes for a very smooth running engine